SBS Transit Service 9 is a circular trunk route connecting Bedok and Changi Airfreight Center through Simpang Bedok, Simei, Tampines and Loyang Avenue. It is one of three daily trunk services to Changi Airfreight Center (formerly known as Changi Airport Cargo Complex).
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Airfreight Center (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Simpang Bedok, Simei, Tampines, Loyang Avenue|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 15 mins
After 1930: 13 – 20 mins
Service 9 is a popular inter-town route between Bedok, Tanah Merah, Simei, Tampines, Loyang and Changi Village. The sector between Simei and Changi Airfreight Terminal experiences high weekday peak demand from the factories and offices at Changi, in addition to heavy resident commute between estates. As such, a bulk of the fleet is comprised of double-deck buses.
Changi Airfreight Centre is a restricted area and only staff with valid passes are allowed to enter. Auxiliary police officers will board the bus to check for staff passes at the Police Pass Office along Airline Road. Visitors who do not have a pass are to alight and re-board the bus after it returns from completing its loop within the Airfreight Centre (at a separate bus stop opposite Police Pass Office).
Upon tapping out of the bus, the exit reader will display “Ride Suspended”. It will resume the journey when one taps onboard the same service after the bus comes out of the Airfreight Centre. Cash-paying passengers will still have to pay a full fare to their journey after they board the bus.
Alongside Services 19 and 89, Service 9 is one of three daily trunk services to Changi Airfreight Center (formerly known as Changi Airport Cargo Complex).
- Airport Cargo Road (Airfreight Ter Bldg) → Bedok Int
Weekdays, Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0610hrs
- Service 9A: Bedok Interchange → Loyang Avenue (Blk 149A)
Weekdays PM Peak only
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 9′s fleet consists a mix of Volvo B9TL, Volvo Olympian, Volvo B10M, Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses.
(Roads located within Changi Airfreight Centre are indicated in red)
|Loop Service (via Airport Cargo Rd)|
- Pre-1980s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- ~1978: Introduced between Lor 1 Geylang and Changi Point
- 1983 (25 Jun): Integrated with Services 391 and 395, extended to loop at Changi Airport Cargo Complex as part of the 1983 Changi Airport Bus Plan
- 1988: Amended to Upp Changi Rd East, Simei Rd / Tampines St 31, Ave 2, Ave 7, Loyang Ave, deleting existing sectors along Bedok Rd, Upp Changi Rd and Loyang Way.
- 1992 (29 Nov): Shortened to Bedok Int, amended to Simpang Bedok
- 1995 (15 Nov): Amended to Simei Ave and St 3, serving Simei estate
- 2011 (19 Nov): Terminates at Bedok Temporary Bus Interchange. Amended to call at the bus stops outside Bedok Station in both directions.