SBS Transit Service 9 is a circular trunk route connecting Bedok and Changi Airfreight Center through Simpang Bedok, Simei, Tampines and Loyang Avenue. It is one of three daily trunk services to Changi Airfreight Center (formerly known as Changi Airport Cargo Complex).
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Airfreight Center|
|Passes Through||Simpang Bedok, Simei, Tampines, Loyang Avenue|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Shifts||Weekdays: 7AM-7PM / 1E / 11S / 2T (20 buses)|
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 17 mins
After 1930: 13 – 20 mins
- Original route between Lor 1 Geylang and Changi Point
- 1981: Amended via Loyang Ave and Loyang Way due to breakup of Upp Changi Rd for Changi Airport construction. Integrated with 391 and extended to loop at Changi Airport Cargo Complex.
- 1987: Amended via Upp Changi Rd East, Simei Rd, Tampines St 31, Ave 2, Ave 7, Loyang Ave. Skipped Bedok Rd, Upp Changi Rd and Loyang Way in both directions.
- 1992 (29 Nov): Shortened to Bedok Int, amended to Simpang Bedok
- 2011 (19 Nov): Terminates at Bedok Temporary Bus Interchange. Amended to call at the bus stops outside Bedok Station in both directions.
Service 9 is a popular inter-town route between Bedok, Tanah Merah, Simei, Tampines, Loyang and Changi Village. The sector between Simei and Changi Airfreight Terminal experiences high weekday peak demand from the factories and offices at Changi, in addition to resident commute between estates.
Changi Airfreight Center is a restricted area and only staff with valid passes are allowed to enter. Auxiliary police officers will board the bus to check for staff passes at the Police Pass Office along Airline Road. Visitors who do not have a pass are to alight and re-board the bus after it returns from completing its loop within the Airfreight Center (at a separate bus stop). Upon tapping out of the bus, the exit reader will display “Ride Suspended”. It will resume the journey when one taps onboard the same service after the bus comes out of the Airfreight Center. Cash-paying passengers will still have to pay a full fare to their journey after they board the bus.
- Airport Cargo Road (Airfreight Ter Bldg) → Bedok Int
Weekdays, Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0610hrs
- 9A: Bedok Int → Loyang Avenue (Blk 149A)
Weekdays PM Peak only
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 9′s fleet has a majority of Volvo Olympians as well as minority of other buses.
|Loop Service (via Airport Cargo Rd)|
- Pre-1980s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.