SMRT Bus Service 77 is a trunk route linking Bukit Batok with Marina Center via Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard and Dhoby Ghaut.
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↔ Marina Center Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut|
|Route Length||18.8km (D1) | 18.8km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O405
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Weekdays: 11 AM-PM / 2 Split-Shift
– Saturdays: 10 AM-9 PM / 1 TQ
– Sundays/PHs: 9 AM-PM / 1 TQ
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0630 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 12 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 13 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 15 – 18 mins
After 1930: 15 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 14 – 19 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 15 – 16 mins
After 1930: 14 – 18 mins
- 1995: Introduced as a loop service from Marina Centre to Farrer Road
- 1996: Extended to Bukit Batok Int, skipping Farrer Road.
- 2000 (18 Jun): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS).
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
Service 77 serves the residents of Bukit Batok, Toh Tuck and Sixth Avenue, with bus connections to Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Marina Centre. Due to low density housing around its catchment areas, demand is limited outside of the City. The route compliments Service 173 between Bukit Batok and Toh Tuck estate.
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 77′s fleet comprises of a majority of Mercedes-Benz Citaros, with some O405s, and OC500LEs. Additional MAN NL323Fs were added under the BSEP scheme. Articulated buses are not deployed due to insufficient demand, and also possibly due to road constraints near Sixth Avenue.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1995 – 2000: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.