SBS Transit Service 142 is a trunk route running from Toa Payoh and looping at Potong Pasir Avenue 1, going via Jalan Toa Payoh and Upper Serangoon Road.
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Potong Pasir Avenue 1|
|Passes Through||Jalan Toa Payoh, Upper Serangoon Road.|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB|
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 0005 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 10 mins
After 1930: 13 – 15 mins
Service 142 is a residential route serving the small Potong Pasir estate with connections to Potong Pasir MRT and Toa Payoh Town Centre, hence providing access to the North-South Line and North-East Line.
- Potong Pasir Ave 1 (Blk 122) → Toa Payoh Int
Daily: 0545hrs, 0559hrs
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 142′s fleet fully comprises Scania K230UB buse.
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1984 (25 Nov): Introduced between Potong Pasir Ter and Toa Payoh Int (Loop)
- 1985 (05 May): Extended to cover Potong Pasir Ave 2 & Ave 3 which were ready for access to vehicular traffic before terminating at Potong Pasir Ter.
- Late 1980s: Amended to start from Toa Payoh Int and loop at Potong Pasir Ave 1.
- 2006 (16 Apr): Calls an additional bus stop outside Blk 120 along Potong Pasir Ave 1.
- 2009 (26 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (04 Sep): No longer calls at the bus stop after Moonstone Lane along Serangoon Rd due to the closure of Whampoa North.