SMRT Bus Service 167 is a trunk route between Sembawang Interchange and Bukit Merah Interchange, passing through Camberra Link, Sembawang Road, Upper Thomson, Thomson, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Connaught Drive / St Andrews Road, Shenton Way, Cantonment Road and Jalan Bukit Merah.
|Route||Sembawang Bus Interchange ↔ Bukit Merah Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Canberra Link, Sembawang Rd, Thomson, Newton, Dhoby Ghaut, Shenton Way, Cantonment Rd, Jln Bukit Merah|
|Route Length||30.5km (D1) | 30.2km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)
Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O405
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Weekdays: 13 AM-PM / 3 S1 / 2 S2
– Saturdays: 12 AM-PM / 3 TQ
– Sundays: 13 AM-PM / 4 TQ
Ang Mo Kio:
– Weekdays: 1 AM-PM / 2 S1
– Saturdays: 1 AM-PM / 1 TQ
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturday)
0545 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0545 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 17 mins
After 1930: 14 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 12 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 10 mins
After 1930: 14 – 15 mins
- 1970s: Original route as between Her Majesty’s (HM) Royal Dockyard (Rotherham Gate) in Admiralty and New Bridge Rd, operating as Service 160A
- 1974 (03 Feb): Renumbered to Service 167
- 1976: Amended to Admiralty Rd West Ter and Tanjong Pagar Ter (Lim Teck Kim Rd)
- 1980: Amended to Anson Rd Ter and Sebawang Road
- 1983 (03 Apr): Handed to TIBS
- 1985: Extended to World Trade Centre Ter
- 1992: Extended to Sembawang Rd End Ter (to replace withdrawn 161) and Bukit Merah Int (to replace withdrawn 850).
- 1993: Extended to Sembawang Rd End Ter to replace the withdrawn Service 161
- 2001 (11 Feb): Amended serve Canberra Link & Canberra Rd before continuing its route to Sembawang Rd.
- 2005 (20 Nov): Shortened to Sembawang Int. New service 882 to replace lose sectors to Sembawang Rd End from Sembawang.
- 2012 (15 Nov): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
Service 167 is an inter-town trunk route connecting housing estates around Sembawang, Yishun, Thomson and Bukit Merah with connections to the City areas of Novena, Orchard Road, Padang and Shenton Way. Along with 980, it serves the full stretch of Upper Thomson Road and connects to the city.
Demand for this route remains moderate throughout the day owing to the presence of duplicate routes and low-density developments along much of its route.
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 167′s fleet comprises of a majority of MAN A22s, with some Mercedes-Benz O405s, Citaros and OC500LEs.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1970s – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 1983: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1983 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.