SMRT Bus Service 167 is a trunk route between Sembawang Interchange and Bukit Merah Interchange, passing through Camberra Link, Sembawang Road, Upper Thomson, Thomson, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Connaught Drive / St Andrews Road, Shenton Way, Cantonment Road and Jalan Bukit Merah.
|Route||Sembawang Bus Interchange ↔ Bukit Merah Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Canberra Link, Sembawang Rd, Thomson, Newton, Dhoby Ghaut, Shenton Way, Cantonment Rd, Jln Bukit Merah|
|Route Length||30.5km (D1) | 30.2km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)
Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O405
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturday)
0545 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0545 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 17 mins
After 1930: 14 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 12 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 10 mins
After 1930: 14 – 15 mins
Service 167 is an inter-town trunk route connects housing estates around Sembawang, Yishun and Bukit Merah, and the suburban areas of Upper Thomson and Thomson, with connections to the City areas of Novena, Orchard Road, Padang and Shenton Way. Along with Service 980, it serves the full stretch of Upper Thomson Road and connects to the city, and compliments Service 196 between Bukit Merah and the Shenton Way commercial district.
Demand for this route remains moderate to low throughout the day owing to the presence of duplicate routes and low-density developments along much of its route. However, peak hour demand is high especially between Sembawang and the City.
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route since the 1970s, the route was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 1983 and has been operated by SMRT ever since. High capacity articulated / double-deck buses are not deployed due to insufficient demand.
This service will be affected by the Orchard Road Pedestrian Night bus diversions on the first Saturday night of every month from Oct 2014 – Mar 2015.
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 167′s fleet comprises of a majority of MAN NL323F buses, with smaller numbers of Mercedes-Benz O405, OC500LE and Citaro buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1970s – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 1983: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1983 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1970s: Original route as between Her Majesty’s (HM) Royal Dockyard (Rotherham Gate) in Admiralty and New Bridge Rd, operating as Service 160A
- 1974 (03 Feb): Renumbered to Service 167
- 1976: Amended to Admiralty Rd West Ter and Tanjong Pagar Ter (Lim Teck Kim Rd)
- 1980: Amended to Anson Rd Ter and Sebawang Road
- 1983 (03 Apr): Handed to TIBS
- 1985: Extended to World Trade Centre Ter
- 1992: Extended to Sembawang Rd End Ter (to replace withdrawn 161) and Bukit Merah Int (to replace withdrawn 850).
- 1993: Extended to Sembawang Rd End Ter to replace the withdrawn Service 161
- 2001 (11 Feb): Amended serve Canberra Link & Canberra Rd before continuing its route to Sembawang Rd.
- 2005 (20 Nov): Shortened to Sembawang Int. New service 882 to replace lose sectors to Sembawang Rd End from Sembawang.
- 2012 (15 Nov): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)