SBS Transit Service 183 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Interchange and looping at Science Park Road, passing through Toh Guan Road, Toh Tuck Avenue, Clementi MRT, Clementi Road and Pasir Panjang Road.
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Science Park Road|
|Passes Through||Toh Guan Rd, Toh Tuck Ave, Clementi MRT, Clementi Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd|
|Travelling Time||110 – 115 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Shifts||Weekdays: 7AM-6PM / 12S (19 buses)
Saturdays: 6AM-5PM / 1E (7 buses)
Sundays: 5AM-5PM / 1T (6 buses)
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 04 – 09 mins
After 1930: 16 – 19 mins
- 2004 (22 Aug): Introduced by SBST to ply between Jurong East and Kent Ridge Ter via Toh Guan Rd East and Commonwealth Ave West.
- 2005 (03 Oct): Extended to loop at Science Park Rd, skipping Kent Ridge Bus Terminal.
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2010 (16 Aug): New short trip service 183B introduced from Jurong East to Toh Tuck Ave
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
Service 183 is both a residential and an industrial route, serving housing estates around Toh Guan, Clementi and Pasir Panjang, as well as industries along Toh Guan Road East, Toh Tuck, and Singapore Science Park II. The route connects these areas to Clementi Town Centre and Jurong East Regional Centre.
This service experiences high demand during the peak hours from the various industries along its route, and as such, operates a proportionately large split-shift fleet to cope with increased passenger loading.
- Clementi Road (Opp Kent Ridge Ter) → Boon Lay
- 183B: Jurong East Int → Toh Tuck Ave (Ulu Pandan R.I. Plant)
Weekdays AM Peak, 0716 – 0842
Frequency of 7 – 11 mins
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 183′s fleet comprises of Volvo B9TL Wrights and Scania K230UBs. Additional Volvo B9TL Wrights were added under the BSEP scheme.
- 2004 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.