SBS Transit Bus Service 11 is a supplementary loop route between Lorong 1 Geylang and Singapore Indoor Stadium. From 8 June 2014, this route was extended to serve Tanjong Rhu under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal ↺ Rhu Cross (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Mountbatten Rd, Singapore Indoor Stadium, Tanjong Rhu|
|Travelling Time||Sufficient: 30 – 35 mins
Scheduled: 39 – 45 mins
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 16 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 17 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 18 – 19 mins
After 1930: 18 – 19 mins
Service 11 was introduced in 1990 to provide bus connections between Kallang MRT Station and Kallang Park. The area around Kallang Park was later developed with the completion of Singapore Indoor Stadium and Kallang Leisure Park. However, the demand for Service 11 remained low, as people used their own means of transport to get to Kallang Park. Furthermore, it was within walking distance of Mountbatten Road which had much better bus connections.
With the opening of Stadium MRT Station in April 2010, commuters preferred using the Circle Line to get to Kallang Park. The route continued to operate with very little demand, at frequencies up to half an hour until the BSEP enhancement in 2014.
In 2014, Service 11 was amended to serve Tanjong Rhu as part of the BSEP. The route will continue to serve Stadium twice in a single trip; towards Tanjong Rhu and towards Lorong 1 Geylang, and call at different bus stops along Stadium Crescent/Stadium Walk in different directions. This brings about enhanced connectivity to Singapore Sports Hub. The infographic at the bottom will give a better visualization of the route amendment.
Service 11 is the second bus service to have received a route extension under the BSEP scheme, after Service 119. It is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 29 Sep 2014.
- Rhu Cross (Opp Costa Rhu Condo) → Lorong 1 Geylang
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 11′s fleet currently comprises of a Volvo B10M MkIV, with additional Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses added following route amendment to Tanjong Rhu under the BSEP scheme.
|Loop Service (via Stadium Cres)|
- 1990 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1990 (14 Apr): Introduced by SBS as Lorong 1 Geylang – Kallang Sports Complex (Loop)
- 1994-6: Amended to ply Nicoll Highway and Stadium Dr in the direction of Kallang Sports Complex
- 2005 (26 Jun): Amended to Sims Way between Kallang and Guillemard Rd junction, skipping Mountbatten Rd due to road realignment works in the area
- 2006 (18 Feb): Amended to ply full stretch of Stadium Cres, skipping Stadium Walk & Stadium Blvd due to road closures for Circle MRT Line construction
- 2010 (29 Sep): Amended to u-turn at Stadium Cres with the closure of Stadium Rd due to the construction of Singapore Sports Hub.
- 2014 (08 Jun): Extended to loop at Rhu Cross, via Stadium Way bridge and Tanjong Rhu Road. Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.