SBS Transit Bus Service 13 is a trunk service plying between Yio Chu Kang and Upper East Coast, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Boon Keng, Geylang and Marine Parade.
|Route||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↔ Upper East Coast Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Boon Keng, Geylang, Marine Parade, Upper East Coast|
|Route Length||24.9km (D1) | 24.6km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0535 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0545 – 2330 (Weekends)
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 2315 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 13 mins
After 1930: 12 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 13 mins
After 1930: 12 – 17 mins
Service 13 is a inter-town route running between Yio Chu Kang and Upper East Coast. The route winds through the residential estates of Ang Mo Kio, Bishan and Boon Keng, followed by suburban areas of Geylang and Eunos, finally reaching the Marine Parade housing estate and Upper East Coast. Serving a variety of inter-town connections, the route encounters heavy residential demand Yio Chu Kang and Bishan MRT, as well as between Eunos MRT and Marina Parade.
As a whole, Service 13 is similar to Service 45 in serving between Yio Chu Kang and Upper East Coast, but takes a longer route. It is notable for providing essential connections from Boon Keng to both Geylang and Bishan.
Service 13 is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 03 Dec 2009. It received additional buses under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) progressively from 2013 onwards.
- Changi Road (Aft GE Life Ctr) → Yio Chu Kang Interchange
- Service 13A: Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6 (Aft Blk 304) → Bishan Road (Bishan Stn)
Weekdays AM Peak hours
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 13′s fleet comprises of a majority of Scania K230UBs, with a minority of other bus models. Additional Volvo B9TLs and Mercedes-Benz Citaros were added under the BSEP scheme.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Bedok Road/Upper Changi Road and Commonwealth Avenue/North Buona Vista Rd as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganization, operated by Associated Bus Services.
- 1974: Extended to Upp Changi Rd (Anglican High Sch) Amended to Orchard Blvd and Grange Rd that same year, with the conversion of Orchard Rd to one-way traffic flow
- 1975: Amended to serve Chai Chee via New Upp Changi Rd
- 1977: Terminus relocated from C’wealth Ave to Ghim Moh Ter
- 1985: Terminus relocated to Bedok Int
- 1987: Further shortened to start from Eunos Ter
- 1989: Amended to terminate at Yio Chu Kang with the withdrawal of service 20, deleting western portions of route. Terminus relocated to Eunos Int
- 1990: Amended to ply Bishan St 22 instead of Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
- 1998: Extended to Marine Parade Ter via Marine Cres & Marine Terr
- 2001 (16 Sep): Looped at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Ter
- 2001 (9 Dec): Extended to terminate at Upp East Coast Terminal. No boarding and alighting until 4th Aug 2002.
- 2012 (09 Apr): Introduction of shortworking trip 13A from AMK Ave 6 to Bishan Stn during AM Peak hours
- Refer to this article
- 2001: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2001.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles