SBS Transit Bus Service 18 is a residential route between Tampines and Bedok, serving Bedok Reservior and Bedok North Road. It loops within Bedok Bus Interchange.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines Avenue 2/7, Bedok Reservoir, Bedok North Avenue 2|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Changi Bus Park (CGBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0515 – 0000 (Mon-Sat)
0545 – 0000 (Sun/PHs)
|0630-0830: 13 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 16 – 18 mins
After 1930: 12 – 18 mins
Originally introduced as Bedok – Tampines St 22 (Loop) in 1984 before being extended to Tampines Interchange in 1988, Service 18 is a supplementary residential route connecting Tampines and Bedok. It was amended to Bedok North Street 2 with the opening of Bedok Temporary Interchange to increase bus connectivity for residents in the area.
This route has limited demand due to duplication with many other services along the Bedok-Tampines stretch, e.g. 28, 67, 168. However, it serves as a direct route for residents along Tampines Ave 2 to Bedok without bus transfers. The route formerly operated with high-capacity articulated buses before they were sold off in 2003.
Service 18 is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 07 Mar 2011.
- Bedok North Drive (Bedok Int) → Tampines Interchange
Weekdays, Sat: 0530hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
|Loop Service (Tampines Interchange via Bedok Interchange)|
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1984: Introduced as Bedok – Tampines St 22 (Loop)
- 1988: Extended to Tampines Int and made to loop at Bedok. Deleted sectors (Tampines Street 22) covered by Service 292.
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated Wheelchair Accessible Bus Service (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok North Rd / Bedok North Ave 2 with the opening of Bedok Temporary Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new Bedok Int, skips bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Blk 204)
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.