View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 23 is a loop route running between Tampines and Rochor Canal, serving Tampines Avenue 1, Bedok North Road and Boon Keng. It includes an express sector along Bedok North Road Extension and the Pan-Island Expressway.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Rochor Canal Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines West, PIE, Jalan Besar, Rochor Canal, Serangoon Road|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Changi Bus Park (CGBP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2350 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 06 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 16 mins
Introduced in 1983, Service 23 connects the housing estate of Tampines and Bedok North with the City areas of Little India and Boon Keng, looping at Rochor Canal Road. Incorporating an express sector along the PIE (between Bedok North Rd and Jln Kolam Ayer), the long express sector offers a quick connection as compared to other bus routes or the MRT network.
The route experiences good demand all day round with many passengers commuting between these two areas, especially on weekday peak hours and weekends. It is also a frequently-used connection between Tampines Avenue 1 and Tampines Interchange, serving residents and students of Temasek Polytechnic. Double-deck buses make up almost all buses operating on Service 23.
- Rochor Canal Road (Aft Sim Lim Sq) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0557hrs, 0623hrs, 0633hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
|Loop Service (via Rochor Canal Rd)|
- 1983 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1983: Introduced as Tampines Avenue 5 Ter – Tomlinson Road (Loop), via Simei Avenue and PIE.
- 1987 (29 Nov): Extended to Tampines Int
- 1991: Shortened to loop at Rochor Canal Road.
- 1995: Amended to ply between Tampines Ave 5, 1 and Bedok North Rd
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 1995: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1995.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles