SBS Transit Bus Service 25 is a trunk service plying between Ang Mo Kio and Bedok, passing through Ang Mo Kio Ave 2, Hougang Ave 2/3, Eunos and Kembangan.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 2, Hougang Ave 2/3, Eunos, Kembangan|
|Route Length||14.3km (D1) | 14.6km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0515 – 2340 (Weekdays, Sat)
0530 – 2340 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 04 – 06 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 05 – 09 mins
After 1930: 12 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 05 – 06 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 05 – 07 mins
After 1930: 06 – 14 mins
Introduced in 1983, Service 25 is an important inter-town route connecting residential estates of Ang Mo Kio, Hougang, Eunos and Bedok to Ang Mo Kio, Kembangan and Bedok MRT stations. The route serves the full stretch of Hougang Avenue 2 and 3, and as such, the route is highly direct in nature, providing the quickest route between estates.
Demand for this route is high due to residential and industrial areas served, so double-decker buses make up the bulk of the fleet. The route runs parallel to SMRT Service 854 between Bedok Interchange and Yio Chu Kang Road, as well as Service 55 between Ang Mo Kio and Eunos.
- Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (Daikin S’pore) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0523hrs, 0532hrs
- Hougang Avenue 3 (Aft Kim Chuan Rd) → Bedok Int
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0543hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0530hrs, 0544hrs
- Hougang Avenue 3 (Opp S’pore Girls’ Home) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 25′s fleet comprises a majority of Volvo B9TL buses, with smaller numbers of Volvo Olympian and Scania K230UB buses. SBS Transit’s sole Scania K310UD (SBS7888K) demonstrator unit is assigned to this route as well. Additional Volvo B9TL Wright buses were added under the BSEP scheme.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1983 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1978: Introduced between Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 and Chai Chee Ter, running parallel to Service 24
- 1979 (25 Feb): Amended to Bedok Int
- 1981: Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ctrl 2 Ter
- 1983 (11 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 1985: Amended to ply AMK Ave 3, Hougang Ave 2/3, Eunos Link and Jln Eunos
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio air-conditioned Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (26 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok air-conditioned Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- Refer to this article
- 1985: No significant route changes since 1985.