Bus Service 26 was amended to serve Chai Chee estate from 12 June 2016, serving 5 pairs of new bus stops along Chai Chee Drive and Chai Chee Street.
View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru here
SBS Transit Bus Service 26 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Toa Payoh, passing through Changi Road, Geylang Road, Kallang Bahru and PIE.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Toa Payoh Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Changi Road, Geylang Road, Kallang Bahru|
|Route Length||14.1km (D1) | 12.7km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||55 – 60 mins (Offpeak)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB|
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0545 – 2330 (Weekdays, Sat)
0600 – 2330 (Sun/PH)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 11 mins
After 1930: 12 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 13 mins
After 1930: 11 – 13 mins
Service 26 is a straightforward inter-town route between Toa Payoh and Bedok, passing through Bendemeer, Geylang Bahru, Kallang, Geylang, Paya Lebar and Eunos. The route duplicates the East-West Line between Kallang and Bedok, a sector also shared by Service 2, 67 and many more routes over shorter sectors of Sims Avenue and Changi/Geylang Road.
With multiple parallel routes, demand for this service is low to moderate during offpeak hours between Kallang and Bedok, and hence mainly serves as a route for Toa Payoh and Geylang Bahru residents heading to Sims Avenue and Geylang and a supplementary route in other areas. During peak hours, the route compliments well with heavy demand between Kallang and Bedok.
- Jalan Toa Payoh (Aft Blk 195) → Bedok Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs, 0539hrs
- Changi Road (Aft GE Life Ctr) → Toa Payoh Int
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 26 consists of a full fleet of Scania K230UBs. No known route limitations restrict the use of double deck buses, which is attributed to insufficient demand.
Route Information: (List of acronyms)
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1980s– 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1980s: Introduced as Bedok – Bendemeer Road (Loop)
- 1989: Extended to Toa Payoh Int, merging with Service 148
- 1994: Amended to ply Jln Kolam Ayer, Bendemeer Rd, Whampoa North and Serangoon Rd instead of plying on Woodsville flyover.
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2003 (04 May): Amended to ply Geylang Bahru, Bendemeer Rd and Whampoa East instead of Jln Kolam Ayer.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.