SBS Transit Bus Service 26 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Toa Payoh, passing through Changi Road, Geylang Road, Kallang Bahru and PIE.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Toa Payoh Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Changi Road, Geylang Road, Kallang Bahru|
|Route Length||14.1km (D1) | 12.7km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||55 – 60 mins (Offpeak)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB|
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0545 – 2330 (Weekdays, Sat)
0600 – 2330 (Sun/PH)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 11 mins
After 1930: 12 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 13 mins
After 1930: 11 – 13 mins
Service 26 is a straightforward inter-town route between Toa Payoh and Bedok, passing through Bendemeer, Geylang Bahru, Kallang, Geylang, Paya Lebar and Eunos. The route duplicates the East-West Line between Kallang and Bedok, a sector also shared by Service 2, 67 and many more routes over shorter sectors of Sims Avenue and Changi/Geylang Road.
With multiple parallel routes, demand for this service is low to moderate during offpeak hours between Kallang and Bedok, and hence mainly serves as a route for Toa Payoh and Geylang Bahru residents heading to Sims Avenue and Geylang and a supplementary route in other areas. During peak hours, the route compliments well with heavy demand between Kallang and Bedok.
- Jalan Toa Payoh (Aft Blk 195) → Bedok Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs, 0539hrs
- Changi Road (Aft GE Life Ctr) → Toa Payoh Int
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 26 consists of a full fleet of Scania K230UBs. No known route limitations restrict the use of double deck buses, which is attributed to insufficient demand.
Route Information: (List of acronyms)
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1980s– 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1980s: Introduced as Bedok – Bendemeer Road (Loop)
- 1989: Extended to Toa Payoh Int, merging with Service 148
- 1994: Amended to ply Jln Kolam Ayer, Bendemeer Rd, Whampoa North and Serangoon Rd instead of plying on Woodsville flyover.
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2003 (04 May): Amended to ply Geylang Bahru, Bendemeer Rd and Whampoa East instead of Jln Kolam Ayer.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles