SBS Transit Bus Service 28 is a trunk route between Tampines and Toa Payoh, passing through Tampines East, Bedok Reservoir, Changi Road and Bartley Road. With service 8 and 31, it is one of three services between these two interchanges.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↔ Toa Payoh Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Tampines East, Bedok Reservoir, Bedok, Bartley Rd|
|Route Length||23.7km (D1) | 23.4km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)
Changi Bus Park (CGBP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0540 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0555 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 14 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 15 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
Service 28 is one of three bus services between Tampines and Toa Payoh, along with services 8 and 31. The route connects the residential areas of Toa Payoh, Bartley, MacPherson, Geylang Serai, Bedok and Tampines, while also serving industries around Paya Lebar and numerous MRT stations along the route. Introduced in 1995 between Bedok and Tampines, the route was extended to Toa Payoh in 2000, and amended into its present form (via Tampines St 32, 34 and 45) in 2003.
By utilizing Bartley Road and Paya Lebar Road, Service 28 offers a fast connection between Toa Payoh Eastate and Paya Lebar/Eunos. In addition, the sector between Bedok MRT and Tampines Interchange is well-commuted, serving many estates along the way with connections to both MRT stations. At the Tampines East side, this service compliments Townlink 293/293P between Tampines Int and Tampines Street 45.
Demand for this service is consistently high throughout the day, notably between Bedok and Tampines. The fleet comprises a majority of double-decker buses.
- New Upp Changi Road (Bedok Stn) → Tampines Int
Weekdays, Sat: 0545 hrs onwards
Sundays/PHs: 0620hrs onwards
- Bedok North Avenue 3 (Bet Blks 139/140) → Toa Payoh Int
Daily: 0540hrs onwards
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See above
Route Information: (List of acronyms)
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1995: Introduced between Tampines and Bedok, via Tampines Ave 9.
- 2000 (29 Oct): Merged with Service 152, extended from Bedok to Toa Payoh (Temp) Int
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2003: Amended to compliment Townlink 291 and 293’s East loop route, plying Tampines Ave 9, St 45, 32 & 34 in both directions
- 2015 (28 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles