SBS Transit Bus Service 29 is a trunk service connecting Tampines to Changi Village, via Tampines Ave 9, Upp Changi Rd North and Netheravon Rd. This route loops within Changi Village Bus Terminal.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Village (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines East, Old Tampines Rd, Netheravon Rd|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Changi Bus Park (CGBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0520 – 2345 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 11 mins
After 1930: 07 – 17 mins
Service 29 connects Tampines Regional Centre with Tampines East, Old Tampines Road, Upper Changi Road North and Netheravon Road, looping at Changi Village Terminal.
At Tampines East, Service 29 compliments Service 28 and 293 between Tampines Interchange and Tampines Ave 9, which benefits from high residential demand. Further on, Service 29 is the only service to serve Old Tampines Rd and Netheravon Rd, offering bus connections to residents and various amenities in those areas.
From Changi Village Terminal, Service 29 is the only bus service back to Tampines, but commuters looking for a quicker option can transfer from 2, 59 or 109 to Service 19 at Loyang Avenue. Commuters should be aware of Service 19’s operating hours.
Double-deck buses are not operated due to insufficient demand, and possibly low headroom along Old Tampines Rd, Cranwell Rd and Netheravon Rd.
- Service 29A: Tampines Int → Tampines Ave 7 (Blk 497D)
Weekdays PM Peak only
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 29′s fleet comprises of Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaros buses. Additional Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses were added under the BSEP scheme.
|Loop Service (via Changi Village Ter)|
- 1988 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1987: Introduced between Tampines Ave 5 (roadside ter) and Changi Airport Cargo Complex (Loop),
- 1987 (29 Nov): Amended to Tampines Int
- 1992: Trips departing Tampines Int after 1930hrs were truncated to loop at Changi Village Ter
- 1994: Shortened to loop at Changi Village Ter
- 2003: Amended to ply Tampines St 41 and Ave 9, skipping a stretch of bus stops along Tampines Ave 7 in 2003.
- 2010 (28 Feb): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.