SBS Transit Bus Service 39 is a trunk service plying between Tampines and Yishun, passing through Pasir Ris, TPE, Jln Kayu, SLE and Khatib. It is one of many services along the TPE / SLE corridor.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↔ Yishun Temp Int|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris, TPE, Jln Kayu, SLE, Khatib|
|Route Length||26.2km (D1) | 26.4km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Changi Bus Park (CGBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
12-metre Single Deck bus:
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2330 (Weekends/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 12 mins
After 1930: 14 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 11 mins
After 1930: 09 – 16 mins
Service 39 provides direct links between Pasir Ris / Tampines and Yishun, with an express sector along Tampines and Seletar Expressways. Most of the demand comes from Pasir Ris, as the only bus service to Yishun. From Tampines, SMRT Service 969 serves as a faster route to Yishun, skipping Pasir Ris and Jalan Kayu completely.
The route also caters to inter-town demand between Pasir Ris town and Tampines Avenue 2.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 39 consists of Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaros. Additional Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses were added under the BSEP scheme. Double-deck buses began operating on the route from 02 Jun 2015 onwards.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2003 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2003: Introduced by SBS Transit between Tampines and Yishun. The first SBS service in Yishun since 1995.
- 2004 (25 Jul): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops at Jln Kayu (Outside Seletar Camp Gate)
- 2011 (21 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (Mar): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2014 (05 Oct): Calls at Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int
- 2015 (02 Jun): Start of Double-decker buses deployment
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
External Links & References: