Bus Service 55 will be extended to Upp East Coast Bus Terminal from 09 Apr 2017.
SBS Transit Bus Service 55 is a trunk route running from Bishan and looping at Siglap Road, going via Ang Mo Kio, Hougang, Eunos, Still Road and Marine Parade.
SBST Volvo B10TL (SBS9844Z) – Service 55
|Route||Bishan Bus Interchange ↺ Siglap Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Hougang, Eunos, Marine Parade|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2249* (Weekdays, Sat)
0545 – 2246* (Sun/PHs)
2300 – 2345 (Daily | Terminates at Marine Parade Rd (Victoria Sch))
|0630-0830: 10 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 15 mins
After 1930: 12 – 17 mins
|Notes||* Between 2300 and 2345hrs daily, buses leaving Bishan Interchange will be renumbered as 55A and terminate at Marine Parade Rd (Victoria Sch).|
Service 55 is an inter-town route serving between Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Hougang, Eunos, Still Road and Marine Parade. It shares a bulk of its route with Service 25, from Ang Mo Kio to Eunos.
It provides connections from Marine Parade to Eunos MRT alongside Service 13, and also between Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 & 3 and Bishan Int/MRT.
- Siglap Road (Opp Mandarin Gdns) → Bishan Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0542hrs, 0554hrs, 0604hrs, 0613hrs, 0623hrs
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0543hrs, 0555hrs, 0608hrs, 0620hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0545hrs, 0604hrs, 0623hrs
- Hougang Avenue 2 (Blk 708) → Bishan Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0556hrs
- Service 55A: Bishan Int → Marine Parade Road (Victoria Sch)
Daily, 2300-2345 (Last 4 buses)
- Service 55B: Bishan Int → Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 (Blk 443)
Weekdays PM Peak hours
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 55′s fleet has a majority of Scania K230UBs, as well as Volvo B9TL Wrights, Volvo Olympians, Volvo B10TL Super Olympians and Mercedes-Benz Citaros. A Volvo B9TL Wright was added under the BSEP scheme.
- 1992 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1992: Introduced by SBS between Ang Mo Kio Interchange and Marine Parade Terminal
- 1993: Extended to Bishan Interchange.
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Terminal.
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Sep 2012: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (25 Nov): Shortworking trip service 55B launched
- Refer to this article
- 2001: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2001.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles