View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 58 is a trunk route running from Bishan to Pasir Ris, going via Lorong Chuan, Serangoon, Upp Paya Lebar, Ubi, Kaki Bukit, Tampines Ave 10 and Pasir Ris Drive 12 / 3.
SBST Volvo B9TL Wright (SBS3066S) – Service 58, with advert wrap for McDonald’s
|Route||Bishan Bus Interchange ↔ Pasir Ris Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Lor Chuan, Serangoon, Upp Paya Lebar, Ubi, Kaki Bukit, Tampines Ave 10, Pasir Ris Drive 12 / 3|
|Route Length||20.8km (D1) | 20.8km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 20 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 13 mins
After 1930: 17 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 22 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 15 mins
After 1930: 15 – 23 mins
Introduced in 2005, Service 58 serves as a residential route connecting Bishan, Lorong Chuan, Serangoon, Kaki Bukit and Pasir Ris. It is the fastest connection between Pasir Ris and Kaki Bukit.
The route encounters high demand during the peak hours from Kaki Bukit and Ubi industrial estates, especially since it is the only route serving Ubi Avenue 3. Hence, the split-shift fleet is actually larger than the AM/PM fleet on weekdays. Offpeak demand is rather weak, and as such, low frequencies are the norm.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 58′s fleet consists of a majority of Scania K230UBs as well as Volvo Olympians and Volvo B9TL Wrights. Volvo B9TL Wrights were added under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
SBS Transit Release PosterHistory:
- 2005 (31 Jul): Introduced between Bishan Int and Pasir Ris Int
- 2011 (Aug 28): Amended to Jln Tenaga & Jln Damai with the partial closure of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 due to the Downtown MRT Line construction works
- 2012 (26 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Sep 2012: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2005: No significant route changes since 2005.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles