View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 60 is a residential trunk route running from Eunos Interchange and looping at Bedok, via Jalan Eunos, Bedok Reservoir Road and Bedok North.
|Route||Eunos Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jalan Eunos, Bedok Reservoir Road, Bedok North|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from T1||Daily:
0530 – 2335 (Full Loop)
2335 – 0030 (Terminates at Bedok Int)
|Departure Times from Bedok Int||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 10 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 15 mins
After 1930: 07 – 16 mins
|Notes||From 2335 hours, buses leaving Eunos Interchange will terminate at Bedok North Drive (Bedok Temp Int)|
Service 60 is a residential trunk route connecting residents of Kaki Bukit and Bedok North with Bedok and Eunos Interchange/MRT. The route loops at Bedok Interchange, and calls at two bus stops along Bedok Reservoir Road twice in a single journey. Hence, red and white destination plates aid commuters by distinguishing the direction of travel.
Demand for this route is popular all day round owing to its residential connections, but generally stronger between Eunos and Bedok Reservoir, due to the prevalence of connecting routes along Jalan Eunos and the closer proximity of Eunos MRT station to the City. As such, Shortworking Trip 60A is deployed on weekdays to assist with the rise in demand, and to allow buses to return to Eunos more quickly.
Red plate indicates buses heading towards Bedok, while white plate indicates buses heading towards Eunos.
- Bedok Reservoir Road (Christ Ch) → Eunos Int via Bedok Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs, 0537hrs
- Bedok Int → Eunos Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0536hrs
Saturdays, Sundays/PHs: 0530hrs
- Service 60A: Eunos Int → Bedok Reservoir Rd (Blk 608)
Weekdays PM Peak, extended service hours on eves of Public Holidays
The last bus of Service 60A will be extended to 12:55am on eves of Public Holidays to compliment the extension of train operating hours, except for eves of Christmas, New Year & Lunar New Year (timings announced closer to occasion). There will also be no extension of service hours on a public holiday that falls on a Sunday
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 60′s fleet comprises Volvo B9TL and Scania K230UB buses.
- 2002 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2002 (Nov): Introduced by SBS Transit with the merger of Bedok & Eunos Feeder services 226 and 385. Loop service between Eunos Int and Bedok Int.
- 2004 (07 Nov): Enhanced to ply the branch of Bedok Reservoir Rd towards Bedok interchange, implemented white plate towards Bedok interchange and red plate towards Eunos interchange.
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Terminates at Bedok Temporary Bus Interchange
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 2004: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles