Go Ahead Singapore has taken over this Bus Service from 4 Sep 2016.
More about this service at our new site, Land Transport Guru!
SBS Transit Bus Service 62 is a trunk route running from Punggol Interchange and looping at Lorong 1 Geylang, going via Sengkang East, Hougang Ave 10, Lorong Ah Soo, MacPherson and Aljunied.
|Route||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Lorong 1 Geylang (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Sengkang East, Hougang Ave 10, Lorong Ah Soo, MacPherson, Aljunied|
|GCM Route Package
||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Dennis Trident
Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2350 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 08 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 19 mins
After 1930: 13 – 20 mins
- Service 62 is an inter-town trunk route linking Punggol, Sengkang, Hougang and Lorong Ah Soo with Aljunied and Lorong 1 Geylang. By linking up residential estates with various MRT stations, major roads and industrial areas near Aljunied, this service encounters high demand during peak hours.
- This route does not terminate at Lorong 1 Geylang Terminal as the terminal cannot accommodate double-deck buses prior to major renovation works in 2013/14. It is currently the only service to loop at Lorong 1 Geylang without calling at the terminal.
- Special Departures:
- Hougang Avenue 2 (Opp Blk 709) → Lorong 1 Geylang → Punggol
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0540hrs
Sat, Sun/PHs: 0540hrs
- Upp Paya Lebar Road (Aft Tai Seng Stn) → Punggol
Weekdays: 0555hrs, 0605hrs, Weekday AM Peak
- Shortworking Trips:
- 62A: Punggol Int → Aljunied Rd (Aljunied Stn)
Weekdays AM, PM Peak only
- Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- Fleet: Service 62′s fleet comprises of a majority of Volvo B9TL Wrights, along with small numbers of Volvo Olympians, Dennis Tridents, Volvo B10M MkIVs and Scania K230UBs.
- Route Information:
- Operator History:
- 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
- The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced plying between MacPherson and Rumah Tinggi, operated by ABC
- 1989: Extended to Hougang Int (near Kovan)
- 1993: Shortened to New Bridge Rd Ter, with the amendment of Service 63
- 1990s: Amended to Upp Pickering St and South Bridge Rd
- 2003 (07 Dec): Extended to Punggol Temp Int and shortened to loop at Lor 1 Geylang during Phase 3 of the NEL Bus Rationalization.
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Past Routings:
- Refer to this article
- 2007: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2007.
- External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles