SBS Transit Bus Service 64 is a trunk route running from Sims Place Terminal and looping at Mei Ling Street, passing through MacPherson, Boon Keng, Little India, Dhoby Ghaut, Ganges Avenue and Redhill.
|Route||Sims Place Bus Terminal ↺ Mei Ling Street (Loop)|
|Passes Through||MacPherson, Boon Keng, Little India, Dhoby Ghaut, Ganges Ave, Redhill|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
– Dennis Trident
12-metre Single Deck bus
– Scania K230UB
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 11 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 18 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 17 mins
After 1930: 13 – 16 mins
Service 64 is a trunk route serving much of the central areas. It provides connections for residents of Queenstown, Redhill and Sims Place to the city areas of Little India, Dhoby Ghaut and Clemenceau. The service plies a unique route through the city, via Clemenceau Avenue, Dhoby Ghaut, Little India and Boon Keng.
As the only service terminating at Sims Place Bus Terminal, it is one of few bus routes to have a bus terminal route in Singapore to have a bus terminal serving just one bus service.
Owing to its many unique links provided within the city, it remains an important route, however demand is relatively low during offpeak hours.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 64′s fleet comprises of a majority of Scania K230UBs and Mercedes-Benz Citaros along with a a minority of double-deck buses (Volvo B9TL, Volvo Olympian, Dennis Trident)
- 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as MacPherson Estate – Commonwealth Ave, operated by United Bus Company
- 1973: Operated by Singapore Bus Services (SBS)
- 1974: Amended via Grange Rd, Orchard Blvd, Paterson Rd and Orchard Rd
- 1979: Shortened to loop at Mei Chin Estate, after Service 14 was amended to Jln Bukit Merah
- 1991: Extended to terminate at Sims Place Ter with the closure of MacPherson Ter. Also amended to ply Clemenceau Ave and Havelock Rd, replacing deleted sectors of Service 198
- 2007 (16 Jan): Will not call at newly located bus stop outside Dhoby Ghaut Station.
- 2008 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (16 Oct): Amended to serve Middle Rd & Bencoolen St with the closure of a section along Bencoolen St for the construction of the Downtown Line.
- Refer to this article
- 1991: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1991.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles