SBS Transit Bus Service 65 is a trunk service plying between Tampines and HarbourFrong, passing through Bedok Reservoir, Kaki Bukit, MacPherson Estate, Boon Keng, Little India, Dhoby Ghaut, Orchard and Lower Delta Road.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↔ HarbourFront Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Bedok Reservoir, Kaki Bukit, MacPherson Estate, Boon Keng, Little India, Dhoby Ghaut, Orchard, Lower Delta|
|Route Length||25.5km (D1) | 24.5km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Changi Bus Park (CGBP)
Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)
|Current Fleet||12-Metre Single-Deck Bus:
Mercedes-Benz Citaro O530
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 11 mins
After 1930: 10 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 13 mins
After 1930: 09 – 15 mins
Service 65 is an important route connecting residential towns such as Tampines, Bedok Reservoir, Kaki Bukit, MacPherson Estate and Lower Delta to the central districts of Orchard Road and Little India. It experiences significant demand all day round, due to its many inter-town and city-town connections. Much of its route duplicates the future Downtown Line Stage 3.
During weekdays, demand is high between the housing estates and the City, along with demand from Ubi and Kaki Bukit industrial areas. On weekends, demand is also high between the City and outlying estates, notably between Kaki Bukit, MacPherson estate and Orchard Road.
This service does crossover trips to Premium 554 during Weekdays AM Peak and Nite Owl 2N during Friday/Saturday/eves of PH.
This service will be affected by the Orchard Road Pedestrian Night bus diversions on the first Saturday night of every month from Oct 2014 – Mar 2015.
- Serangoon Rd (Tekka Ctr) to Tampines Int
1919hrs, 2013hrs, 2057hrs, 2118hrs, 2145hrs & 2237hrs
Sundays & Public Holidays only
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See above. Some buses crossover to Nite Owl Services on Nite Owl operating nights.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971: Introduced between Gagak Selari Barat (Lower Delta) and MacPherson Estate, operated by Amalgamated Bus Company.
- 1974: Amended via Grange Rd, Orchard Blvd, Paterson Rd and Paterson Hill
- 1980s: Amended to Lower Delta Ter
- 1987: Rerouted to to Tampines – World Trade Centre
- 2011 (26 Jun): Amended to ply Lor Bengkok, due to the temporary closure of Circuit Link for the construction of Downtown Line
- 2011 (16 Oct): Amended to serve Middle Rd & Bencoolen St with the closure of a section along Bencoolen St for the construction of the Downtown Line.
- 2014 (23 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 1987: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1987.
External Links & References: