View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SMRT Bus Service 67 is a trunk route linking Choa Chu Kang and Tampines via Bukit Panjang, Upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Timah, Little India, Kallang, Sims Avenue and Bedok North. Much of the route duplicates the East-West Line and the upcoming Downtown Line.
^ SMRT Alexander Dennis Enviro500 (SMB3572G) – Service 67 – with advert wrap for the Downtown Line 2
|Route||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↔ Tampines Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Timah, Little India, Kallang, Paya Lebar, Bedok, Bedok North|
|Route Length||32.6km (D1) | 32.8km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
– Mercedes-Benz O405
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 04 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 13 mins
After 1930: 11 – 14 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 10 mins
After 1930: 11 – 13 mins
Service 67 is a long trunk route spanning East to West, plying between Choa Chu Kang and Tampines. Its major areas of service are along Upper Bukit Timah Road, Bukit Timah Road and Sims Way / Geylang Road. It also provides connection from Little India and Geylang to outlying estates, making it an popular connecting route for commuters heading to Little India. It is also the fastest bus connection between Tampines and Bedok MRT stations.
From Choa Chu Kang, the route duplicates the Bukit Panjang LRT to Bukit Panjang, then plying the full stretch of Upper Bukit Timah Road and Bukit Timah Road to Little India. It continues from Lavender Street to Kallang, duplicating the East-West Line to Bedok, then heading to Tampines via Bedok North and Reservoir. Much of its route (from Bukit Panjang to Little India) will duplicate the Downtown Line Stage 2. Many other bus services also share its Upper Bukit Timah Road and Sims Avenue/Geylang Road sectors.
On weekends, demand between Little India and Geylang is very high due to migrant workers commuting between their dormitories and Little India, and mid-route departures (“downroutes”) from Little India towards Tampines are common. On Sundays & Public Holidays, two additional departures at 2355hrs and 0010hrs (the next day) from Little India towards Tampines cater to late-night dwellers after the last bus from Choa Chu Kang has departed.
With low branches along Bt Timah Rd pruned by NEA in January 2015, the single-deck fleet restriction was removed, hence allowing double-deck buses to be deployed. High capacity Double deck buses were deployed on a regular basis since February 2015.
Sims Avenue (Aft Tanjong Katong Cplx) → Tampines Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0545hrs onwards
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs onwards + weekend evenings
Bukit Timah Road (Little India Stn) → Tampines Int
Sundays/PHs: Evenings, 2355, 0010 (the next day)
Also frequently deployed on weekend nights
Sims Avenue (Aft Sims Way) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Upp Bukit Timah Road (Shell Kiosk) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: 0615hrs onwards
Choa Chu Kang Road (Opp Blk 26) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Daily: 0600hrs onwards
- Shortworking Trips:
- Service 67A:
Choa Chu Kang Int → Dunearn Rd (Opp Coronation Plaza)
Operates during weekdays AM peak except school holidays
- Service 67W:
Choa Chu Kang Int → Bt Timah Rd (Little India Stn)
and Tampines Int → Bt Timah Rd (Little India Stn)
Operates from 1515hrs to 1830hrs on Sundays & Public Holidays
- Service 67A helps relieve the morning student crowd heading for the many educational institutions along Bukit Timah Road, while 67W relieves high demand in the direction of Little India during the afternoons and evenings of weekends.
- Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- Fleet: Service 67′s fleet comprises of Mercedes-Benz O405, O405G, OC500LE and MAN NL323Fs buses. Double-decker buses were added in Feb 2015.
- Route Information:
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- Operator History:
- 1991 – 1999: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1991 (26 May): Introduced by SBS between Tampines Int and Choa Chu Kang Int, with express sector between Tampines Ave 5 and Jln Kolam Ayer
- 1993: Merged with service 4, amended to ply Tampines Ave 5 & 1, Bedok North Ave 3, New Upper Changi Road, Changi Road and Lavender St.
- 1999 (26 Dec): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (15 Feb): Alexander Dennis Double Decker Buses deployed.
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Past Routings:
- Refer to this article
- 1993: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1993.
SMB388S on Service 67
|SMB5888H on Service 67|
- External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles