SBS Transit Service 70 is a trunk service plying between Yio Chu Kang Terminal and Shenton Way Terminal, passing through Yio Chu Kang Rd, Serangoon, Paya Lebar, Guillemard, Nicoll Highway and Fullerton Road. Its route variant is Service 70M, which operates during weekday nights, Saturday evenings and Sundays/PHs, and loops at Suntec City.
|Service||SBS Transit Service 70||SBS Transit Service 70M|
|Route||Yio Chu Kang Bus Terminal ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal||Yio Chu Kang Bus Terminal ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Rd, Serangoon, Paya Lebar, Guillemard, Nicoll Highway, Fullerton Road||Yio Chu Kang Rd, Serangoon, Paya Lebar, Guillemard, Nicoll Highway, Suntec City|
|Route Length||22.6km (D1) | 23.5km (D2)||42.2km|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays & Sat: 0545 – 1800
||Weekdays: 1815 – 2300
Saturdays: 1818 – 2300
Sunday/PHs: 0545 – 2300
Daily: 2300 – 2345 (70A | Terminates at Opp The Ritz-Carlton, Temasek Avenue)
|Departure Times from T2||Weekdays & Sat: 0600 – 1930|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Loop Service|
|0630-0830: 05 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 09 mins
After 1930: –
|0630-0830: 12 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 16 mins
After 1930: 14 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 10 mins
After 1930: 09 – 15 mins
|Notes||Between 2310 and 2345hrs, buses leaving Yio Chu Kang Terminal will be renumbered as 70A and terminate at Temasek Avenue (Opp The Ritz-Carlton)|
Service 70 is an connects the residential areas of Yio Chu Kang, Serangoon and Guillemard to Shenton Way on Weekdays and Saturday mornings & afternoons. Its route variant Service 70M loops at Suntec City, operating during Saturday evenings and Sundays & Public Holidays.
Much of the demand on this route is enountered between between Yio Chu Kang and Serangoon MRT, and Shortworking Trip 70B assists with peak passenger demand. The route also connects to Ubi Industrial Estate and Guillemard Road, providing bus connections to Paya Lebar MRT.
- Yio Chu Kang Rd (Opp ST Electronics) → Shenton Way Ter
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0541hrs
- Guillemard Rd (Assn Bldg) → Yio Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0602hrs
- Serangoon Ctrl (Serangoon Stn) → Yio Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: 0706hrs, 1702hrs, 1721hrs, 1803hrs, 1825hrs, 1842hrs, 1908hrs, 1931hrs, 1938hrs
- Service 70A: Yio Chu Kang Ter → Temasek Ave (Opp The Ritz Carlton)
2305 – 2345 Daily
- Service 70B: Yio Chu Kang Road (Opp Serenity Pk) → Serangoon Central (Serangoon Stn)
0650 – 1000 (Weekdays)
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See above table
|SBS Transit Service 70|
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
|SBS Transit Service 70M – Loop Service|
- Pre-1970s – 1971: Paya Lebar Bus Co. Ltd
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
SBS8866S on Service 70A
|SBS7720K on SBS7720K on Service 70B|
- 1971 (11 Apr): Original route from Jalan Kayu (R.A.F. Seletar) to Geylang operated by Associated Bus Services, renumbered from Service 1 operated by Paya Lebar Bus Service.
- 1973: Operated by Singapore Bus Services
- 1977: Extended Shenton Way from Geylang
- 1978: Skipped Piccadilly and Seletar West Camp following introduction of 214E / 214W, and hence amended to Jln Kayu Ter
- 1992: Extended to Yio Chu Kang following amendment of Service 73.
- ????: Variant Service 70# introduced as a Weekday night, Saturday, Sunday/PH service, plying between Yio Chu Kang and Geylang Lor 1 Terminal.
- 1999-2001: Amended to Esplanade Dr (Esplanade Bridge), skipping Empress Place
- 2000 (16 Oct): Service 70# extended to loop at Suntec City, later called Service 70X.
- 2003 (21 Jun): Amended to ply Serangoon Central and Upp Serangoon Rd during Phase 1 of NEL Rationalisation.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 70# was renamed to Service 70M
- 2009 (23 Aug): No longer plies Eunos Rd 8 after Paya Lebar Rd was reinstated
- 2012 (27 Aug): Introduction of shortowrking trip 70B during AM Peak hours
- 2012 (3 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (22 Sep): Calls at new bus stop along Upp Paya Lebar Rd (Wisma AUPE Bldg)
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
External Links & References: