SBS Transit Service 73 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio Int and looping at Toa Payoh Int, passing through Serangoon North Ave 4, Serangoon Gardens Way, Lorong Chuan and Lorong 4 Toa Payoh.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Toa Payoh Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Serangoon North Ave 4, Serangoon Gardens Way, Lorong Chuan and Lorong 4 Toa Payoh|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB|
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from TPY Int||0545 – 0000 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 0000 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 10 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 11 mins
After 1930: 10 – 12 mins
Service 73 is a residential route between Toa Payoh and Ang Mo Kio, serving housing areas of Serangoon North, Serangoon Gardens, Lorong Chuan and Lorong 4 Toa Payoh with connections to Ang Mo Kio and Toa Payoh Interchanges & MRT stations.
From 2330hrs, buses leaving Ang Mo Kio Int will terminate at Toa Payoh Int.
- Toa Payoh Int → Ang Mo Kio
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0555hrs, 0604hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0556hrs
- Serangoon North Ave 4 (Blk 504A CP) → Ang Mo Kio
Weekdays: 0515hrs, 0529hrs, 0543hrs, 0557hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 73′s fleet comprises of a full fleet of Scania K230UBs. Double-decks are not deployed due to height restrictions underneath Braddell Flyover.
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971: Introduced between Yio Chu Kang Rd (near Upp Thomson Rd) to Tanjong Pagar Road, operated by Associated Bus Services
- 1974: Shortened to terminate at Toa Payoh Town Ctr
- 1977: Amended to Yio Chu Kang Rd, skipping Jln Woodbridge
- 1979: Amended to Old Upp Thomson Rd Ter
- 1980: Amended to loop at Old Upp Thomson Rd
- 1983: Amended to skip Ang Mo Kio and also amended to Toa Payoh Bus Int that same year. Toa Payoh sectors rerouted slightly.
- 1988 (24 Jan): Shortened to Yio Chu Kang Terminal via AMK St 64, St 63, AMK Ave 9/6.
- 1992 (03 May): Converted to loop service from Toa Payoh Int to S’goon North Ave 4
- 1993: Extended to Ang Mo Kio Int. Re-routed to start from Ang Mo Kio Int and loop at Toa Payoh Int
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2012 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2004: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles