SBS Transit Service 74 is a trunk service plying between Hougang Central and Buona Vista, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Marymount, Lornie Road, Bukit Timah Rd, Clementi Rd, Dover Rd and Holland Village. It has a fast-forward variant, Service 74e.
|Route||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Buona Vista Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Marymount, Lornie Road, Bukit Timah Rd, Clementi Rd, Dover Rd, Holland Village|
|Route Length||27.9km (D1) | 27.7km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
|Current Fleet||Dennis Trident
Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2320 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 05 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 05 – 10 mins
After 1930: 09 – 14 mins
|0630-0830: 05 – 18 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 05 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 12 mins
Service 74 is an inter-town route connecting the Dover, Clementi Road, Bukit Timah, Marymount, Ang Mo Kio and Hougang. It is a highly popular route between Ang Mo Kio and Hougang, and also for the many students who commute along the Bukit Timah and Clementi Road academic belt, whom commute to Dover and Ang Mo Kio MRT stations.
- Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Opp Ang Mo Kio Stn) → Buona Vista Ter
- C’wealth Ave West (Dover Stn) → Hougang Ctrl Int
0537 (Weekdays), 0551 (Sat)
- Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Ang Mo Kio Stn) → Hougang Ctrl Int
- Fast-Forward Service 74e
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 74′s fleet comprises of a majority of Volvo B9TL Wrights and Volvo Olympians, with small numbers of single-deck buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1979 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1979: Introduced by SBS between Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 and Clementi Ave 3
- 1980 (16 Nov): Amended to Clementi Int
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Bus Int
- 1990: Extended to Upper Serangoon Ter, via Hougang Ave 2 and Hougang Ave 8.
- 1993: Merged with Service 202 and amended into Buona Vista Ter.
- 1994 (17 Dec): Amended to Hougang Central Int.
- 1998 (24 May) to 2001 (19 May): Amended to Hougang Central Temporary Int.
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (28 Sep): Route variant Fast Forward 74e designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1994: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1994.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles