SBS Transit Bus Service 75 was amended to Esplanade Dr from 01 May 2016. More details at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click Here to continue.
SMRT Bus Service 75 is a trunk route linking Bukit Panjang with Marina Centre, via Cashew Road, Upper Bukit Timah, Clementi Road, Ulu Pandan, Holland Road, Outram Park, Robinson Road and St. Andrews Road.
|Route||Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park ↔ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Cashew Road, Upper Bukit Timah, Clementi Road, Ulu Pandan, Holland Road, Outram Park, Robinson Road, St. Andrews Road|
|Route Length||25.0km (D1) | 25.1km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0525 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0615 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturday)
0630 – 2345 (Sunday/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 17 mins
After 1930: 12 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 13 mins
After 1930: 13 – 16 mins
Service 75 connects the West to the Central areas, serving residents of Bukit Panjang, Upper Bukit Timah and Holland with connections to the City areas of Grange Road, Great World, Outram Park, Shenton Way, Fullerton and Marina Centre. It is also only service to ply Grange Road. The long detour along the outskirts of the City offers unique connections between various points of its route.
From Bukit Panjang, Service 75 compliments Service 184 to Clementi Road, a sector of high demand during peak periods with demand from various educational institutes along Clementi Road, such as Ngee Ann Polytechnic and SIM. It also provides daily bus connections between Marina Centre and the Shenton Way district, although this unique sector does not appear to be well-utilized.
Formerly an SBS route since 1981, the route was transferred to TIBS in 1995 and has been operated by SMRT ever since. High-capacity articulated/double-deck buses are not deployed due to insufficient demand.
- Service 75A: Bukit Panjang Road → Clementi Road (Opp SIM HQ)
Weekdays AM Peak only
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares..
Fleet: Service 75′s fleet comprises MAN NL323F buses. Additional MAN NL323F buses were added under the BSEP scheme.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1981 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1981: Introduced by SBS between Clementi and Empress Place, peak hour semi-express service. Later made to loop at Empress Place.
- 1984: Converted to full-day trunk service
- 1986 (30 Nov): Extended to Marina Centre
- 1988: Amended to serve Clementi Ave 3. Later extended to serve Choa Chu Kang Town that same year, terminating at Choa Chu Kang Ter.
- 1990 (10 Mar): Amended to Choa Chu Kang Int
- 1990 (16 Dec): Amended to Choa Chu Kang Way, skipping Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 and Choa Chu Kang Dr
- 1993 (03 Jan): Amended to Bukit Panjang Ter
- 1995: Handed over to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 1999 (26 Dec): Amended to Bt Panjang Int
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (16 Dec): Diverted to Bt Panjang Temp Bus Park with the closure of Bukit Panjang Int. Route amended to Bt Panjang Rd and Jelebu Rd
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 1993: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1993.
External Links & References: