Public Transport SG @ WordPress is now Land Transport Guru. View the updated Bus Service 76 at our new site here!
SBS Transit Bus Service 76 is a trunk service plying between Yio Chu Kang Terminal and looping at Marine Terrace, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong Rd and Marine Parade.
|Route||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Marine Terrace (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong, Marine Parade|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays: 0530 – 2206
Saturdays: 0530 – 2207
Sundays/PHs: 0545 – 2209
Daily: 2215 – 2315 (Service 76A –
Terminates at Opp CHIJ Katong Convent, Marine Cres)
|0630-0830: 09 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 14 mins
After 1930: 12 – 16 mins
|Notes||* Between 2215 and 2315hrs, buses leaving Yio Chu Kang Terminal will be renumbered as Service 76A and terminate at Marine Terrace (Opp CHIJ Katong Convent)|
Service 76 is an inter-town route, connecting the residential towns of Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade, while also serving industrial areas near Tai Seng and Paya Lebar. Demand is fairly strong throughout the day.
At Ang Mo Kio, this service connects Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4 with Ang Mo Kio and Yio Chu Kang MRT, similar to Townlink 268. Service 76 is also duplicated by Service 43 between Upper Paya Lebar and Marine Parade.
- Marine Terrace (Opp CHIJ Katong Convent) → Yio Chu Kang
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0556hrs, 0606hrs, 0617hrs, 0627hrs, 0638hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0559hrs, 0613hrs, 0627hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0545hrs, 0602hrs, 0619hrs, 0635hrs
- Service 76A: Yio Chu Kang Int → Marine Terrace (opp CHIJ Katong Convent)
2215 – 2315 Daily, after the last Service 76 has departed
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 76′s fleet comprises a majority of Volvo B9TLs, with some Scania K230UBs and Mercedes-Benz Citaros.
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1989 (Mar): Introduced by SBS as Yio Chu Kang – Marine Parade
- 1992 (May): Amended to ply Paya Lebar Rd, Tanjong Katong Rd and Amber Rd from Ubi Ave 2, Eunos Link, Jln Eunos and Still Rd
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Ter.
- 2007 (27 May): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (30 Jan): Shortened to loop at Marine Terrace, skipping the Marine Parade Rd (Marine Terrace – Victoria School) stretch.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References: