SMRT Bus Service 77 is a trunk route linking Bukit Batok with Marina Centre via Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard and Dhoby Ghaut.
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↔ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Road, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut|
|Route Length||18.8km (D1) | 18.8km (D2)|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0630 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 11 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 16 mins
After 1930: 15 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 12 – 19 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 16 mins
After 1930: 14 – 16 mins
Service 77 serves the residents of Bukit Batok, Toh Tuck, Bukit Timah and Holland, with bus connections to Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Marina Centre. It is one of three route serving Sixth Avenue, alongside Service 156 and 970.
Due to low density housing around its catchment areas, demand is limited outside of the City. The route compliments Service 173 between Bukit Batok and Toh Tuck estate, and Service 7 between Holland Road and Dhoby Ghaut.
Formerly an SBS route since 1995, the route was transferred to TIBS in 2000 and has been operated by SMRT ever since. High capacity articulated / double-deck buses are not deployed due to insufficient demand, and also possibly due to road constraints along Sixth Avenue. The route performs a u-turn at the junction of Dunearn Road and Eng Neo Road towards Marina Centre as buses cannot turn into Sixth Avenue directly from Dunearn Road.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 77′s fleet comprises Mercedes-Benz Citaro and MAN A22 buses. Additional MAN A22 buses were added under the BSEP scheme.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1995 – 2000: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1995: Introduced by SBS as Marina Centre – Farrer Road (Loop)
- 1996: Extended to Bukit Batok Int, skipping Farrer Road.
- 2000 (18 Jun): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 1996: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.
External Links & References: