SBS Transit Bus Service 78 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Int and looping at Clementi Avenue 2, passing through Penjuru Road, Jalan Buroh, Pandan Road and West Coast Road, serving the industrial areas around Pandan Reservoir.
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Clementi Avenue 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Penjuru Road, Jalan Buroh, Pandan Road, West Coast Road|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 0020 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 09 mins
After 1930: 13 – 16 mins
Service 78 is an industrial trunk route linking the factories and offices at Penjuru and Pandan with connections to Clementi and Jurong East MRT stations. It also supplements other residential bus services between Teban Gardens and Jurong East MRT/Int, as well as between West Coast and Clementi Town Centre. Demand for this service is heavy during weekday peak hours, and large numbers of double-deck buses (and a large split-shift fleet) are deployed.
- Clementi Ave 2 (Opp Blk 408) → Jurong East (via Clementi Ave 3)
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0610hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0609hrs
- West Coast Rd (Aft Teban Gardens Rd) → Jurong East
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0546hrs, 0602hrs, 0617hrs
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0550hrs, 0610hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0617hrs, 0633hrs
- Service 78A: Jurong East Int → Tanjong Penjuru (ECS Freight Svcs)
Weekdays AM Peak only
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 78′s fleet comprises a majority of Volvo B9TL Wrights, with some Volvo Olympian and Scania K230UB units. Volvo B9TL Wrights were added under the BSEP scheme.
- 1988 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1988 (19 Jun): Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Int – Clementi Ave 3 (Loop)
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to serve Pandan Rd, replacing Service 245.
- 2001: Amended to skip one pair of stops along Penjuru Rd and call at a new pair along West Coast Rd
- 2002 (May): Amended to skip Teban Gardens Rd towards Jurong East and ply West Coast Rd instead.
- 2004 (04 Sep): Amended to ply Pandan Ave (towards Clementi) with 2 stops and skips 1 stop along Pandan Rd
- 2005 (03 Apr): Amended to ply West Coast Rd in both directions, skipping Teban Gardens altogether.
- 2011 (17 Dec): Amended to Jurong East Temp Int, serving bus stop at Blk 131 along Jurong Gateway Rd
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles