SBS Transit Service 79 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Int and looping at Boon Lay Int, passing through Teban Gardens, Jln Buroh, Jurong Port Rd and Chin Bee Avenue. It serves largely industrial areas.
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Boon Lay Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Teban Gardens, Jln Buroh, Jurong Port Rd, Chin Bee Ave|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from T1||Daily:
0600 – 2235 (Full Loop)
2235 – 2300 (Terminates at Boon Lay Int)
|Departure Times from T2||Daily: 0600 – 2300|
|0630-0830: 07 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 17 mins
After 1930: 15 – 18 mins
|Notes||* From 2235hrs daily, buses leaving Jurong East Interchange will terminate at Jurong West Central 3 (Boon Lay Interchange)|
Service 79 is an industrial route connecting the industries at Penjuru, Jurong Port Rd and Chin Bee to Boon Lay and Jurong East, encountering heavy demand during peak hours. It also links Teban Gardens with Jurong East, running parallel to Service 143 & 143M.
From 2235hrs, buses leaving Jurong East Int will terminate at Boon Lay Int.
- Boon Lay Interchange → Jurong East Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0616hrs, 0632hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0621hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0617hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 79′s fleet comprises of a majority of Volvo B9TL Wrights, with some Volvo Olympians and Scania K230UBs. Volvo B9TL Wrights were added under the BSEP scheme.
- 1992 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1992: Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Int – Boon Lay Int (Loop)
- 1995: Amended into Chin Bee Ave, Third Chin Bee Rd, International Rd and part of Quality Rd in both directions, with the amendment of service 246.
- 2001: Amended to skip one pair of bus stops along Penjuru Rd and call at a new pair along West Coast Rd, when parts of Teban Gardens Rd were closed.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 1995: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1995.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles