SBS Transit Bus Service 80 is a trunk service plying between Sengkang and HarbourFront, passing through Hougang, Upper Serangoon, Upper Paya Lebar, Geylang East Central, Kallang, Bugis, Chinatown, Tanjong Pagar Road and Keppel Road.
|Route||Sengkang Bus Interchange ↔ HarbourFront Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Hougang, Upp Serangoon, Upp Paya Lebar, Geylang East Ctrl, Kallang, Bugis, Chinatown, Tanjong Pagar Rd|
|Route Length||22.9km (D1) | 23.2km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses (Volvo B9TL, Dennis Trident)
12-metre Single Deck Buses (Scania K230UB, Volvo B10M Mark IV)
|Departure Times from T1||0515 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0540 – 0025 (Weekdays, Sat) 0600 – 0025 (Weekdays, Sat)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 05 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 15 mins
After 1930: 14 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 20 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 15 mins
After 1930: 14 – 17 mins
Service 80 runs from the Northeast down to the central areas, linking the housing estates of Sengkang, Hougang, Serangoon and Geylang East to the industrial estates at Tai Seng and Paya Lebar, and further on to the City areas of Bugis, Chinatown, Tanjong Pagar and Harbourfront. The route also runs almost parallel to sections of the East-West, North-East and Circle MRT lines.
- Victoria St (Opp Blk 461) → Sengkang Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0555hrs Saturdays: 0545hrs
- Service 80A: Sengkang Int → Aljunied Rd (Aljunied MRT Stn) Weekdays AM Peak only
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 80′s fleet consists of a majority of Volvo B9TL CDGEs, with some Volvo B10Ms, Scania K230UBs and Dennis Tridents.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016. ————————————————————————————————————————————
- 1999 (12 Dec): Introduced Between Sengkang and Harbourfront, after integration of Service 84 and 864.
- 2001 (28 Apr): Amended to Sengkang Temp Int
- 2003 (18 Jan): Amended to air-conditioned Sengkang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2007: Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1999: No significant route changes since 1999.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles