View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 88 is a trunk service plying between Toa Payoh Int and Pasir Ris Int, passing through Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Hougang, Sengkang East and Pasir Ris West.
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↔ Pasir Ris Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Toa Payoh Lorong 4, Bishan St 22, Ang Mo Kio Ave 6/10/12, Hougang Ave 8, Punggol Rd, TPE, Pasir Ris Drive 12/3|
|Route Length||24.0km (D1) | 23.8km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0545 – 2330 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2340 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 10 mins
After 1930: 08 – 13 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 14 mins
After 1930: 09 – 14 mins
Service 88 is a major inter-town route connecting the residential estates of Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Hougang, Sengkang and Pasir Ris. Demand is well spread throughout its route, and it also serves as a link between MRT stations and outlying estates within the towns of Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio and Pasir Ris.
This service operates a full fleet of double-deck buses owing to high patronage throughout the day. It also plies a short express sector between Punggol Rd and Pasir Ris Dr 12 along the Tampines Expressway (TPE).
Punggol Rd (Blk 190C) → Toa Payoh
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0537hrs, 0559hrs
Braddell Rd (Aft Muahjirin M’que) → Pasir Ris
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0540hrs, 0550hrs
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0544hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0543hrs, 0556hrs
Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Ang Mo Kio Stn) → Pasir Ris
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs
- Shortworking Trips:
- Service 88A:
Punggol Rd (Blk 190C) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Opp Ang Mo Kio MRT Station)
Weekdays AM Peak only
- Service 88B:
Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 (Blk 207) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Bef Yio Chu Kang Rd)
Weekdays AM Peak Only
- Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- Fleet: Service 88′s fleet comprises of a full fleet of Volvo B9TLs (CDGEs and Wrights) owing to high demand. Volvo B9TL Wrights were added under the BSEP scheme. This service performs crossover trips to Premium 539 during Weekdays AM Peak.
- Route Information:
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- Operator History:
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
- The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1999 (28 Feb): Introduced between Pasir Ris and Toa Payoh
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (09 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (24 Aug): Calls at Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange
- Past Routings:
- Refer to this article
- 1999: No significant route changes since 1999.
- External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles