SBS Transit Bus Service 90 is a trunk route from Toa Payoh Int and looping at Airport Road, passing through PIE and MacPherson Rd.
^ SBST Scania K230UB (SBS5199D) – Service 90
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Airport Road|
|Passes Through||PIE, MacPherson Rd|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 19 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 22 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 15 mins
After 1930: 15 – 22 mins
Service 90 plies between Toa Payoh and Paya Lebar Airbase, providing bus connections to staff working at industries along Airport Road along with Service 94. Demand is concentrated around the peak hours, with large numbers of split-shift buses catering towards the office crowds.
The service also connects the whole of MacPherson Road to Toa Payoh along with Service 8. Double decks have been deployed since 2013.
- Service 90A: Toa Payoh Int → Airport Rd (Paya Lebar Air Base)
Weekdays AM Peak Only
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 90 operates a mix of Volvo B9TL Wrights, Volvo B10TLs, Scania K230UBs, and Mercedes-Benz Citaros. A Volvo B9TL Wright was added under the BSEP scheme.
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1993 (23 May): Introduced as Toa Payoh – Airport Rd (Loop).
- 1998 (31 May): Terminus relocated to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 2002 (19 May): Terminus relocated to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (04 Sep): No longer calls at the bus stop after Moonstone Lane along Serangoon Rd due to the closure of Whampoa North.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles