SBS Transit Bus Service 92 is a trunk route from Ghim Moh and loops at Science Park Drive, going via North Buona Vista Road, Ghim Moh Road, Ulu Pandan Road and Mount Sinai Rise. It operates in a “double continuous loop” fashion, looping at Science Park before returning to Ghim Moh and heading to Mount Sinai Rise before looping back again and ending at Ghim Moh Ter.
This service operates on Weekdays and Saturdays only. On Sundays & Public Holidays, route variant Service 92M will operate between Ghim Moh and Mount Sinai, omitting Science Park.
|Route||Ghim Moh Bus Terminal ↺ Science Park Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||North Buona Vista Rd, Ghim Moh Rd, Ulu Pandan Rd, Mount Sinai Rise|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0617 – 2016 (Weekdays)
0618 – 1950 (Saturdays)
|0630-0830: 03 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 18 mins
1700-1930: 05 – 11 mins
After 1930: 05 – 12 mins
|Notes||Between 2000hrs and 2035hrs on Weekdays and 2006hrs and 2036hrs on Saturdays, buses leaving Ghim Moh Ter will be renumbered as 92B and terminate at Science Pk Dr (Opp The Rutherford). The last full trip of 92 will leave Ghim Moh Ter at 2016hrs on weekdays and 1950hrs on weekends.|
Service 92 serves Ghim Moh, Mount Sinai and Singapore Science Park I with bus connections to Buona Vista MRT. The continuous loop nature of the route means that passengers can get from Ulu Pandan to Buona Vista without changing buses; buses will swaps drivers at Ghim Moh Terminal and the bus continues its journey. Technically, commuters can stay onboard for as long as they wish, as the bus makes its rounds and commuters are not required to alight anywhere.
This route operates during Weekdays and Saturdays only. On Sundays & Public Holidays, route variant Service 92M will operate between Ghim Moh and Mount Sinai, omitting Science Park.
From 2000hrs on Weekdays and 2006hrs on Saturdays, buses leaving Ghim Moh Ter will terminate at Science Park Dr (Opp The Rutherford). On the eves of Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year, the operating hours are the same as that for Saturdays If it falls on a Sunday, there will be no operation.
This service operates two shortworking trips to cater to heavy demand between Singapore Science Park I and Buona Vista MRT station.
- North Buona Vista Rd (Buona Vista Stn) → Ghim Moh Ter via Ulu Pandan Rd
- Service 92M: Ghim Moh Ter ↺ North Buona Vista Rd (Loop)
Sundays & PHs only
- Service 92A: Ghim Moh Ter to Ghim Moh Rd (Blk 13)
Weekdays PM Peak only
- Service 92B: Ghim Moh Ter to Science Park Dr (Opp The Rutherford)
Weekdays and Saturdays, any time of day
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 92 operates a full fleet of Mercedes-Benz Citaros.
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1989: Introduced as Service M1, North Buona Vista – Mt Sinai Dr (Loop)
- 1997 (Dec): Renumbered Service 92 as Science Park Dr – Mount Sinai Dr (Loop).
- 1998: Extended to start from Ghim Moh Ter and loop at Science Park Dr
- 2007 (26 Nov): Introduction of shortworking trip 92B
- 2014 (28 Sep): Extended to loop at Normanton Park; calls at three new bus stops along Science Park Drive
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (30 Aug): Route variant 92M introduced, operating on Sundays & PHs
- Refer to this article
- 1998: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1998.
External Links & References: