SBS Transit Bus Service 96 is a trunk route from Clementi Int and looping at Kent Ridge Crescent, passing through Commonwealth Avenue West and Clementi Road.
|Route||Clementi Bus Interchange ↺ Kent Ridge Crescent (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Commonwealth Avenue West, Clementi Road|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0645 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0700 – 2330 (Saturdays)
0700 – 2300 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 09 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 03 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 11 mins
Service 96 primarily serves the National University of Singapore (NUS) Kent Ridge Campus and UTown with bus connections to Clementi MRT & Interchange. It runs parallel to Service 183 (between Clementi MRT and Clementi Road), which does not enter NUS, as well as serving residential blocks along Clementi Road.
- Service 96A: Clementi Int → Kent Ridge Cres (NUS Raffles Hall)
Weekdays AM Peak Only
- Service 96B: Clementi Int → Commonwealth Ave West (Clementi Stn)
Weekdays PM Peak Only
Although route details state that 96B starts from Clementi Int, majority of the trips start from the first stop of Kent Ridge Crescent (NUS Fac of Design & Env). 96B buses go off-service from Clementi Station to Kent Ridge Terminal (via Clementi Ave 6 and AYE) for a short layover before starting on another trip of 96B.
Shortworking trips of 96 do not operate during NUS vacation periods.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 96′s fleet comprises Volvo B9TL, Mercedes-Benz Citaro and Scania K230UB buses. Double-deck buses were added in 2012.
- 1982 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1982: Original route from Clementi to Kent Ridge Cres (Loop)
- 1988: Amended to serve Clementi Ave 3
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Clementi Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1982: No significant route changes since 1982.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles