SBS Transit Bus Service 97 is a trunk service plying between Jurong East and Marina Center, passing through Jurong Town Hall Rd, AYE, Alexandra, HarbourFront, Keppel Rd, Robinson Rd, Bayfront and Suntec City. Its fast forward variant is Service 97e.
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↔ Marina Center Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||AYE, Alexandra, HarbourFront, Robinson Rd, Bayfront, Suntec City|
|Route Length||22.0km (D1) | 23.2km (D2)|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2350 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 15 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 12 mins
After 1930: 12 – 14 mins
Service 97 is a trunk route between Jurong East and the Downtown Core, via Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) and Telok Blangah Road. The route serves as a link between Jurong East, HarbourFront and many parts of the City, including, Shenton Way, Downtown, Bayfront and Suntec City. Its express variant, Fast-Forward 97e, operates during the peak hours and skips stops along the AYE.
Triva: This is one of the few trunk routes to intersect its own route in either direction (at Suntec City)
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 97′s fleet comprises of a majority of Scania K230UBs and Volvo B9TL Wrights, with a single Volvo Olympian.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1983 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1983 (13 Jan): Originally Jurong East – Shenton Way peak hour service
- 1983 (18 Dec): Extended to Hougang (South) Int when Service 86 merged with Service 97
- 1985 (30 Jun): Amended to Jurong East Int
- 1988 (18 Dec): Amended to ply along the AYE instead of Pasir Panjang Road with the extension of the MRT to Jurong East
- 1994: Extended to Hougang Ctrl Int
- 1998 (24 May) – 2001 (19 May): Terminus relocated to Hougang Ctrl Temp Int due to partial closure of Hougang Ctrl Int for North East Line construction works
- 2003 (27 Jul): Shortened to Jurong East – Marina Ctr (Loop), under Phase 2 of NEL Rationalisation
- 2010 (26 Apr): Amended to ply Bayfront and Marina Bay Sands area and terminate at Marina Centre Ter
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (01 Dec): Calls at a new bus stop (03529 Downtown Stn) along Central Blvd
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated
- 2015 (28 Sep): Route variant Fast Forward 97e designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2010: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2010.
External Links & References: