SBS Transit Bus Service 98M is a trunk route from Jurong East Int and looping at Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside and Corporation Drive. It has a route variant, Service 98.
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim|
|Passes Through||Passes through: Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside, Corporation Drive|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
|Departure Times from T1||– Weekdays: 0933 to 1539 hours and 2009 to 2347 hours
– Saturdays: 0902 to 1147 hours and 1403 to 2346 hours
– Sundays/PHs: 0939 to 1546 hours and 2001 to 2343 hours
0831-1659: 09 – 27 mins*
After 1930: 20 – 32 mins*
|Notes||* During 98M’s operating hours, departure times are staggered with Service 98|
- 1995 (Jan): Every alternate trip of Service 98 looped at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim during the off peak periods, subsequently re-numbered to 98A.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 98A Renamed To Service 98M (No route amendment).
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
Service 98M primarily serves the housing estates of Jurong East and Corporation Drive with connections to Lakeside MRT and Jurong East MRT. Operating during the off-peak hours, departures from Jurong East Int are staggered with Service 98.
Owing to such arrangements, buses of Service 98M are prone to bunching with Service 98 while heading back to Jurong East.
- Service 98A: Boon Lay Way (Lakeside Stn) → Corporation Rd (Corporation Place)
Weekdays PM Peak Only
- Service 98B: Boon Lay Way (Lakeside Stn) → Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpoint)
Weekdays AM Peak Only
- Service 98: Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong Pier Way
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 98M′s fleet shares buses with Service 98, and comprises of a majority of Volvo B9TL Wrights and Volvo Olympians. Additional Volvo B9TL Wright buses were added under the BSEP scheme.
- 2008 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles