SBS Transit Bus Service 99 is a trunk route from Clementi Int and looping at Jurong West Street 91, passing through Boon Lay Way, Jurong East/West Avenue 1, Boon Lay Avenue and Jurong West Avenue 4/5.
|Route||Clementi Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong West Street 91 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Boon Lay Way, Jurong East Ave 1, Jurong West Ave 1, Boon Lay Place, Jurong West Ave 4, Jurong West St 72, Jurong West Ave 5|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 06 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 13 mins
Service 99 is a lengthy residential trunk route, serving between the housing estates of Clementi, Jurong East, Jurong West and Pioneer North. Its primary role is shuttling commuters between different parts of the large Jurong West residential district rather than connecting commuters to nearby MRT stations. A majority double-deck bus fleet caters to all-day demand from residents.
This route connects to Jurong East MRT along Boon Lay Way, but few use the transfer option due to the long walk from the bus stop to the station and bus interchange. However, the new Jurong East Interchange within the Westgate Mall will be situated much closer to Boon Lay Way. Finally, this route runs parallel to the East-West Line from Jurong East to Clementi Interchange.
- Corporation Rd (Bet Blks 523/525) → Clementi Int via Jurong West St 91
Weekdays: 0515hrs, 0522hrs, 0529hrs, 0536hrs, 0543hrs
Saturdays: 0505hrs, 0517hrs, 0529hrs, 0541hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0520hrs, 0538hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 99′s fleet comprises of a majority of Volvo B9TL Wrights, along with Scania K230UBs and a Mercedes-Benz Citaro. Volvo B9TL Wrights were added under the BSEP scheme. This service performs crossover trips to Premium 556 during Weekdays AM Peak.
- 1985 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1985: Introduced by SBS as Jurong East – Boon Lay Gardens (Loop)
- 1988 (13 Mar): Amended to Clementi – Jurong West St 91 (Loop)
- 1991 (19 May): Amended to ply Jurong West Avenue 5 and Jurong West Street 72 instead of Upper Jurong Road and Pioneer Road North.
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Clementi Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1991: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1991.
External Links & References: