SBS Transit Bus Service 99 is a trunk route operating between Clementi Int and Joo Koon Int, passing through Boon Lay Way, Jurong East/West Avenue 1, Boon Lay Avenue, Jurong West Avenue 4/5 and Jurong West Street 91.
The route has been converted to a bidirectional service and extended to Joo Koon Bus Interchange since 21 November 2015.
|Route||Clementi Bus Interchange ↔ Joo Koon Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Boon Lay Way, Jurong East Ave 1, Jurong West Ave 1, Boon Lay Place, Jurong West Ave 4, Jurong West St 72, Jurong West Ave 5, Jurong West St 91|
|Route Length||16.9km (D1) | 16.5km (D1)|
|Traveling Time||55 mins|
|Bus Route Package||–|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Clementi
||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1 | Direction 2
|0630-0830: 06 – 08 mins | 06 – 07 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 10 mins | 06 – 10 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 10 mins | 06 – 08 mins
After 1930: 09 – 10 mins | 07 – 10 mins
Service 99 is a lengthy residential trunk route, serving between the housing estates of Clementi, Jurong East, Jurong West and Pioneer North. Its primary role is shuttling commuters between different parts of the large Jurong West residential district rather than connecting commuters to nearby MRT stations. A majority double-deck bus fleet caters to all-day demand from residents.
This route connects to Jurong East MRT along Boon Lay Way, but few use the transfer option due to the long walk from the bus stop to the station and bus interchange. This route runs parallel to the East-West Line from Jurong East to Clementi Interchange.
2015 Route Extension to Joo Koon
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 1 implementation (21 November 2015) extended Service 99 to Joo Koon Bus Interchange via Jurong West St 93 and Upp Jurong Rd, enhancing connectivity for Jurong West Residents to Joo Koon MRT Station and Fairprice Hub.
The route extension makes Service 99 among the first two services to terminate at the new Joo Koon Bus Interchange, the other being Service 258.
- Corporation Road (bet Blks 523/525) to Joo Koon Int
Weekdays: 0515 0521 0528 0534 0541 0547
Saturdays: 0505 0515 0525 0535 0545
Sundays/PHs: 0520 0532 0544
- Jurong West Street 93 (opp Blk 987A) to Clementi Int
Weekdays: 0520 0527 0533 0540 0546
Weekends & PHs: 0520 0531 0542
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above
|Direction 1 towards Joo Koon Int
||Direction 2 towards Clementi Int
- Blue Bus Stops indicates new Bus Stops after the extension to Joo Koon Bus Int from 21 Nov 2015
- 1985 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1985: Introduced by SBS as Jurong East – Boon Lay Gardens (Loop)
- 1988 (13 Mar): Amended to Clementi – Jurong West St 91 (Loop)
- 1991 (19 May): Amended to ply Jurong West Avenue 5 and Jurong West Street 72 instead of Upper Jurong Road and Pioneer Road North.
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Clementi Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (21 Nov): Extended to Joo Koon Int and converted to bi-directional routing
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.
External Links & References: