SBS Transit Service 100 is a trunk service plying between Serangoon and Ghim Moh, passing through Upper Aljunied, Geylang Road, Beach Road, Shenton Way, HarbourFront, Alexandra, Queensway and Buona Vista.
|Route||Serangoon Bus Interchange ↔ Ghim Moh Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Upper Aljunied, Geylang Road, Beach Road, Shenton Way, HarbourFront, Alexandra, Queensway and Buona Vista.|
|Route Length||23.5km (D1) | 23.4km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 07 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 17 mins
After 1930: 12 – 25 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: 12 – 17 mins
Service 100 connects Serangoon and Ghim Moh to the Central district, passing through Queenstown, Telok Blangah, Shenton Way, Beach Road and Aljunied. The route also connects heavy demand sectors between Serangoon Interchange and the industrial estates near Kallang Way.
- Crawford Street (Southbank) → Serangoon Int
Weekdays: 0630hrs, 0649hrs
- 100A: Serangoon Int → Aljunied Rd (Aljunied MRT Stn)
Weekdays AM and PM Peak only
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 100′s fleet comprises of a majority of Scania K230UBs, as well as Volvo B10M MkIVs and Mercedes-Benz Citaros. Citaros were also added under the BSEP scheme.
Double-decker buses are not deployed possibly due to height restrictions along Upper Aljunied Road.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971: Introduced as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganization, plying Serangoon Garden Estate – Prince Edward Rd and operated by Associated Bus Service
- 1976: Amended to Aljunied Rd, skipping MacPherson Estate
- 1985: Extended to World Trade Centre
- 1988 (13 Mar): Amended to Serangoon Int
- 1989: Extended to Ghim Moh Ter
- 2011 (03 Sep): With the opening of the new Serangoon Bus Interchange, the 2 bus stops at Serangoon Stn along Upp Serangoon Rd were skipped.
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 1989: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1989.