SBS Transit Bus Service 101 is a trunk route from Serangoon Int and looping at Buangkok Link, passing through Upper Serangoon Road, Hougang Central and Hougang Street 91.
|Route||Serangoon Bus Interchange ↺ Buangkok Link (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Upp Serangoon Rd, Hougang Ctrl, Hougang St 91|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0515 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: 09 – 14 mins
Service 101 serves as a residential trunk route connecting large parts of Hougang Neighbourhoods 4, 5 and 9 to Hougang MRT, further travelling to Serangoon and running parallel to the North-East Line. Demand is most significant during the peak hours where many commuters commute to and from home and the MRT network.
- Upp Serangoon Road (Kovan Stn) → Serangoon Int via Buangkok Link
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 101′s fleet comprises of a majority of Mercedes-Benz Citaros. Double-deck buses were added in 2013 for additional capacity.
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Service Ltd
- 2001– Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2004 (15 Feb): Introduced as Service 101 between Serangoon and Buangkok Cres (Loop), replacing Feeder 328 due to the closure of Hougang South Int
- 2005 (14 Aug): Amended to loop at Buangkok Link.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Amended to Serangoon Ave 2 instead of Serangoon Central with the opening of the new Serangoon Int.
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.
External Links & References: