Bus Service 107 will be amended to serve the relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal from 25 Jun 2017.
Click here to view the updated Service 107 / 107M article at our new site, Land Transport Guru.
SBS Transit Bus Service 107/M is a trunk service plying between Hougang Central Int and Shenton Way Ter, passing through Upper Serangoon Road, Kallang Bahru, Beach Road, Fullerton and Shenton Way. On weekday nights, Saturday afternoons/evenings and Sundays & Public Holidays, it is numbered as Service 107M and loops at Suntec City.
^ SBST Mercedes-Benz Citaro (SBS6746T) – Service 107
^ SBST Volvo B9TL Wright (SBS3758D) – Service 107M
|Service||SBS Transit Service 107
||SBS Transit Service 107M
|Route||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)
|Passes Through||Upper Serangoon Road, Kallang Bahru, Beach Road, Fullerton Road, Shenton Way||Upper Serangoon Road, Kallang Bahru, Beach Road, Suntec City|
|Route Length||15.0km (D1) | 16.8km (D2)||26.3km|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T2||Weekdays: 0545 – 1930
Saturdays: 0545 – 1400
|Frequency||Direction 1||Loop Service|
|0630-0830: 07 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 17 mins
After 1930: 16 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 14 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 15 mins
After 1930: 12 – 14 mins
|0630-0830: 15 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 10 mins
After 1930: 09 – 13 mins
Service 107 connects the residential towns of Hougang, Serangoon and Geylang Bahru to Beach Road and Shenton Way, duplicating the North-East Line between Hougang and Potong Pasir, and operates on weekdays (until evening) and Saturday mornings. On weekday nights, Saturday afternoons & evenings, and Sundays & Public Holidays, its route variant Service 107M will operate, looping at Suntec City and skipping Fullerton / Shenton Way.
Due to limited inter-town demand partially due to rail duplication, demand remains moderate throughout most of the day,
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 107/M′s fleet comprises of a majority of Mercedes-Benz Citaros, with some Volvo Olympians and some B9TL Wrights.
|SBST Service 107|
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
|SBS Transit Service 107M – Loop Service|
Service 107M at a glance. Click for larger image.Operator History:
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1978: Introduced by SBS between Serangoon Gardens and Shenton Way
- 1983: Amended to serve Lor Chuan, skipping CTE
- 1988 (13 Mar): Amended to Serangoon Int, and also amended to serve Kallang Basin and Marina Centre
- ???: Amended to ply Jln Sultan in the direction of Shenton Way
- 1997 (Mar): Route variant 107X introduced to loop at Marina Centre, operating on Weekdays & Sat nights, and on Sundays/PHs for the whole day.
- 2001 Operation hours of Service 107X on Saturdays brought forward to 1.30pm
- 2003 (04 May): Amended to ply Geylang Bahru, Bendemeer Rd and Whampoa East instead of Jln Kolam Ayer
- 2003 (30 Nov): Extended to Hougang Central Interchange, under Phase 3 of NEL Rationalisation
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 107# Renaming To Service 107M (no route amendment)
- 2015 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1988: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1988.
- TransitLink E-Guide (Service 107)
- TransitLink E-Guide (Service 107M)
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles