SBS Transit Bus Service 109 is a trunk service plying between Serangoon and Changi Village, passing through Yio Chu Kang Rd, Hougang, Sengkang, TPE, Pasir Ris Drive 1 and Loyang Avenue.
|Route||Serangoon Bus Interchange ↔ Changi Village Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Rd, Hougang Ave 9 / 4. Buangkok Link, Sengkang East Rd, TPE, Pasir Ris Drive 12 / 1, Loyang Ave|
|Route Length||22.1km (D1) | 22.1km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2330 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 18 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 18 mins
After 1930: 09 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 17 mins
After 1930: 13 – 17 mins
Service 109 is an inter-town route connecting the residential estates of Serangoon, Hougang, Sengkang, Pasir Ris and Changi Village. In addition, it incorporates an express sector between Sengkang East Rd and Pasir Ris Dr 12 along the Tampines Expressway (TPE).
Service 109 compliments Service 89 for the sector between Pasir Ris West and Sengkang MRT. The service benefits from moderate to high demand throughout most of the day due to few duplicating routes along its inter-town sectors.
- Pasir Ris Drive 3 (Loyang Pt) → Serangoon Int
- Buangkok Green (Blk 565) → Serangoon Int
- Boundary Rd (Blk 257A) → Serangoon Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0541hrs, 0551hrs, 0601hrs, 0612hrs, 0622hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0557hrs, 0609hrs, 0621hrs, 0633hrs, 0645hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0545hrs, 0559hrs, 0613hrs, 0627hrs 0641hrs
- 109A: Serangoon Interchange → Hougang Avenue 4 (Blk 913)
Weekdays, 1830hrs – 1930hrs.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 109′s fleet comprises of a mix of Volvo B9TL Wrights, Volvo B10M MkIVs, Scania K230UBs and Mercedes-Benz Citaros. Bedok North Depot (BNDEP) operates a minority control of just 3 buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2006 (28 May): Introduced between Serangoon Int and Changi Village Ter via Hougang Ave 9, Sengkang New Town, TPE, Pasir Ris Dr 1/3 & Loyang Ave.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Amended to ply along Boundary Rd & Serangoon Ave 2, replacing part of Service 105 route, with the opening of the new Serangoon Bus Interchange
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (26 May): Shortworking trip 109A introduced
- 2014 (05 Oct): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along the slip road of Tampines Expressway near Punggol Flyover
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.