SBS Transit Bus Service 111 is a trunk route from Ghim Moh Terminal and looping at Suntec City, passing through Commonwealth, Queenstown, Tanglin, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Temasek Avenue.
|Route||Ghim Moh Bus Terminal ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Queenstown, Tanglin Rd, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Suntec City|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 13 mins
After 1930: 10 – 14 mins
Service 111 primarily serves residents of Ghim Moh, Commonwealth and Queenstown with connections to Orchard Road and Marina Centre. Along with SMRT Service 857, they are the only daily full-day services to loop at the Marina Centre area.
The fast connection provided between housing estates and the Central areas makes this route a popular travel option. It remains one of two routes to serve the low density developments around Tanglin Road.
This service will be affected by the Orchard Road Pedestrian Night bus diversions on the first Saturday night of every month from Oct 2014 – Mar 2015.
- Penang Road (Dhoby Ghaut Stn) → Ghim Moh Ter
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0613hrs, 0625hrs, 0638hrs
Weekdays Sch Hols: 0600hrs, 0612hrs, 0624hrs, 0636hrs,
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0612hrs, 0624hrs, 0637hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 111′s fleet comprises of Volvo B9TL Wrights and Mercedes-Benz Citaros, along with one Scania K230UB.
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Upp Serangoon Rd (6½ m.s / 10.5 km) and Commonwealth Ave/North Buona Vista Rd, operated by Associated Bus Services
- 1980s: Amended to Buona Vista Ter
- 1983 (30 Oct): Amended to Hougang Int
- 1989 (05 Nov): Amended to Ghim Moh Ter
- 1994 (17 Dec): Extended to Hougang Ctrl Int
- 1998 (24 May) to 2001 (19 May): Terminus relocated to Hougang Ctrl Temp Int
- 2003 (27 Jul): Shortened to start from Ghim Moh terminal and loop at Marina Centre under Phase 2 of NEL Rationalisation.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
External Links & References: