View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 124 is a trunk route between St Michael’s Ter and HarbourFront Int, passing through Moulmein, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay, Outram Park, Telok Blangah Way and Telok Blangah Heights.
^ SBST Scania K230UB (SBS8399Z) – Service 124
|Route||Saint Michael’s Bus Terminal ↔ HarbourFront Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Moulmein, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Chinatown, Kampong Bahru Rd, Telok Blangah Way, Telok Blangah Heights|
|Route Length||18.6km (D1) | 17.6km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB|
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 13 mins
After 1930: 11 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 12 mins
After 1930: 11 – 12 mins
Service 124 primarily serves the residents of St. Michael’s Estate, Telok Blangah Heights and Telok Blangah Way with bus connections to the City areas of Novena, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. As large proportions of its route serves the City areas, this route also offers various point to point connections within the City.
This service serves several bus stops in St. Michael’s Estate both times in a different directions, i.e. towards HarbourFront Int and towards St. Michael’s Ter. Red and white service plates are used to distinguish the direction of travel in addition to Electronic Display Signages (EDS) on buses. Red plate indicates buses for HarbourFront; white plate indicates buses for St. Michael’s Ter.
Formerly a loop service, 124 was extended to HarbourFront Interchange to improve transport connectivity for residents of Telok Blangah Heights.
This service will be affected by the Orchard Road Pedestrian Night bus diversions on the first Saturday night of every month from Oct 2014 – Mar 2015.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 124′s fleet comprises a full fleet of Scania K230UB buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between St. Michael’s Est and Kampong Bahru Rd/Keppel Rd, operated by Amalgamated Bus Company
- 1976: Extended to loop at Telok Blangah Rise
- 1985: Amended to St. Michael’s Ter
- 1993 (04 Apr): Amended to ply Moulmein Rd, Newton Rd and extended to Bukit Merah Interchange via Henderson Rd with the amendment of Service 123.
- 2003 (23 Nov): Amended to loop at Telok Blangah Dr
- 2006 (29 Oct): Calls at Orchard Stn bus stop along Orchard Turn instead of Orchard Blvd
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (21 Apr): Extended to HarbourFront Interchange, no longer calls at Telok Blangah Street 32. Converted from loop service to bidirectional routing. Shortworking trip 124A and morning special departures from Telok Blangah Heights (Blk 50) withdrawn on the same day.
- Refer to this article
- 2013: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2013.
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles