SBS Transit Bus Service 125 is a trunk route from St Michael’s Ter and looping at Sims Drive, passing through St Michael’s Estate, Serangoon Road, Genting Lane, Kallang Way and Sims Drive, and returning via Kallang Way, Lorong Bakar Batu, Bendemeer Road and Kitchener Road.
|Route||Saint Michael’s Bus Terminal ↺ Sims Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||St Michael’s Estate, Serangoon Rd, Genting Lane, Kallang Way, Sims Drive|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo Olympian
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2300 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 11 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 22 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 19 mins
After 1930: 18 – 22 mins
Service 125 serves the residents of both St. Michael’s Estate and Sims Drive with connections to Boon Keng MRT and Aljunied MRT, while serving Serangoon Road, Bendemeer Road, Kichener Road and Kallang Way. This route also serves as important connection between Kolam Ayer/Kallang Way Industrial Estates and Aljunied MRT, hence benefiting from heavy peak demand across that sector. A relatively large split-shift fleet copes with the peak hour demand from these industrial areas, along with Shortworking Trip 125A operating only during the AM Peak hours.
This service calls at several bus stops in St. Michael’s Estate twice in different directions, i.e. towards Sims Drive and towards St. Michael’s Ter. Red and white service plates are used to distinguish the direction of travel in addition to Electronic Display Signages (EDS) on buses. Red plate indicates buses heading for Sims Drive; white plate indicates buses heading for St. Michael’s Ter.
125 is also currently the only loop service operating from St. Michael’s Ter.
- Sims Drive (Blk 45) → St. Michael’s Ter
Weekdays: 0555hrs, 0606hrs, 0617hrs
Sat/Sun/PHs: 0555hrs, 0611hrs
- Service 125A: Aljunied Road (Opp Aljunied Station) → MacPherson Road (Bef Siemens Ctr)
Weekdays AM Peak only
Frequency: 12 mins
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 125′s fleet comprises of a majority of Scania K230UBs, with a minority of Volvo Olympian Double decker buses and Mercedes Benz Citaro.
- 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between St. Michael’s Est and Delta Circus, operated by United Bus Company
- 1975: Amended to Telok Blangah Way
- ???: Amended to Jln Bt Merah via Telok Blangah Way
- 1980/81: Amended to Bt Merah Int
- 1985: Amended to St. Michael’s Ter
- 1993: Shortened to Shenton Way; converted to a daytime weekdays & Saturday service
- 2000 (Nov): Integrated with Service 20, amended to loop between St. Michael’s and Sims Dr.
- 2003 (21 Jun): Amended to ply Jln Besar, Kitchener Rd and Serangoon Rd, under Phase 1 of NEL Rationalisation
- 2011 (29 Mar): Extended service operations to Sundays & Public Holidays.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (Sep): Start of Double decker buses deployment
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles