View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click Here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 130 is a trunk service plying between Ang Mo Kio Int and Shenton Way Ter, passing through Sin Ming, Thomson, Balestier, Jalan Besar, Bugis, Fullerton Road and Shenton Way. The service shares the Ang Mo Kio – Shenton Way start/emd termini with Service 133.
SBST Volvo B9TL Wright (SBS3654U) – Service 130
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Sin Ming, Thomson, Balestier, Jalan Besar, Bugis, Fullerton Road|
|Route Length||16.6km (D1) | 16.1km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 19 mins
After 1930: 14 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 12 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
Service 130 connects residents of Ang Mo Kio, Sin Ming and Balestier to the City areas, as well as serving areas like Kitchener Road and Coleman Street. Running through older estates of Singapore, this route plies considerably different routing in its forward and return journeys, unlike most bidirectional trunk routes. It is also the only service to ply Coleman Street and Syed Alwi Road. Double-deckers were introduced to this route in 2013, with a second DD bus added to the fleet in 2014. No boarding and alighting is allowed at Shenton Way Ter.
- Serangoon Road (Sri Srinivasa Perumal TP) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0612hrs
SBS8762H on Service 130AShortworking Trips:
- Service 130A: Ang Mo Kio Int → Sin Ming Road (Blk 25) Operates on 3 weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) before & after the date of Ching Ming & on the day of Ching Ming itself. Caters to high demand between Ang Mo Kio Int and Bright Hill Crematorium & Columbarium.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 130′s fleet comprises a majority of Scania K230UBs, with several Volvo B9TLs.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016. ———————————————————————————————————————————— History:
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Balestier Rd and Tanjong Pagar Rd/Anson Rd
- 1974: Amended to ply into Sin Ming
- 1983: Amended to serve Balestier Rd and Lavender St before continuing to Jln Besar. That same year, amended to Ang Mo Kio Bus Int
- 1985: Amended to Prince Edward Rd Ter
- 1987: Amended to Shenton Way Ter
- 1993: Amended to ply Victoria St instead of North Bridge Rd (towards Shenton Way)
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2003 (21 Jun): Amended to ply Boon Keng Rd and Bendemeer Rd, under Phase 1 of NEL Rationalisation.
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH), and calls at bus stop outside Victoria Concert Hall along Empress Place.
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (19 Apr): Route towards Ang Mo Kio amended from St Andrews Rd, Coleman St, Hill St, Victoria St to St Andrews Rd, Stamford Rd, Victoria St due to partial permanent road closure of Coleman St. BS02031 Coleman St – Opp The Adelphi relocated to BS02031 St Andrews Rd – St Andrews Cath.
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing.
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to Bus Services Back to Bus Articles