SBS Transit Bus Service 133 is a trunk service plying between Ang Mo Kio Int and Shenton Way Ter, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6 and 1, Serangoon, Boon Keng, Lavender, Bugis, Suntec City, Bayfront, Marina Bay and Shenton Way.
SBST Volvo Olympian 3-axle (SBS9646D) – Service 133, with advert wrap for Fujiflim
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 and 1, Serangoon, Boon Keng, Lavender, Bugis, Suntec City, Bayfront, Marina Bay, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||18.1km (D1) | 17.6km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0630 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 13 mins
After 1930: 10 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 12 mins
After 1930: 10 – 14 mins
Service 133 is an inter-town route connecting the estates of Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon and Bendemeer with many City areas such as Bugis, Suntec City, Marina Bay Sands and Shenton Way, experiencing good demand all-day round with its intra-city and town-city connections. Demand is substantially increased during weekday peak hours due to heavy commute between the estates and City.
The service is one of two routes plying between Ang Mo Kio Int and Shenton Way Ter, the other being Service 130.
- Raffles Ave (The Esplanade) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays (Mon-Thu): 0600hrs, 0614hrs, 0629hrs
Weekdays (Fri): 0600hrs, 0612hrs, 0624hrs, 0636hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0615hrs, 0630hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0616hrs, 0632hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 133′s fleet comprises of a majority of Volvo B9TL Wrights and Scania K230UBs. Volvo Olympians and Volvo B10TLs make up the rest of the fleet. Four buses will do one trip of Service 133 before doing NiteOwl 1N on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of Public Holidays.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- Late 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1978: Introduced by SBS between Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 and North Bridge Road (before Stamford Road) (Loop)
- 1980 (06 Jan): Amended to terminate at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ter at Ctrl 2
- 1983 (10 Apr): Relocated to AMK Interchange following opening
- 1987 (26 Jul): Amended to terminate at Marina Centre Ter, also amended to ply via CTE/Braddell Rd following the opening of the expressway from its original Lor Chuan route.
- 1988 (10 Jul): Route variant 133A introduced to serve the new Serangoon Estate via Boundary Rd and Serangoon Ave 2, and continuing along 133’s route to Marina Centre
- 1989: Original 133 withdrawn, 133A later renumbered 133
- 1997: Amended to loop at Suntec City, no longer terminating at Marina Centre Terminal.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to Shenton Way Ter via Bayfront Ave & Marina Stn Rd. Route variant 133M introduced from Shenton Way Ter and looping at Temasek Avenue via Raffles Avenue and Temasek Boulevard.
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (20 May): Service 133M withdrawn, obsolete after the Circle Line Extension opened.
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments: Shenton Way Ter-bound trips to ply Bayfront Ave, Central Blvd and Shenton Way, skipping Marina Station Rd and Prince Edward Rd
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Amended from Maxwell Rd / Straits View to ply Robinson Rd and Marina Blvd towards Ang Mo Kio, calling at four additional bus stops. Bus stop 03539 Aft Marina Station Road along Central Blvd relocated for Service 133 towards Shenton Way Terminal.
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles