SBS Transit Bus Service 135 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio and looping at Siglap Road, going via Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 and 1, Serangoon, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Siglap Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||AMK Ave 8 and 1, Serangoon, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong, Marine Parade|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays:
0530 – 2235 (Full Loop)
2249 – 2330 (135A | Terminates at Victoria Sch, Marine Parade Rd)
0530 – 2235 (Full Loop)
2249 – 2345 (135A | Terminates at Victoria Sch, Marine Parade Rd)
Sundays & PHs:
0530 – 2241 (Full Loop)
2257 – 2345 (135A | Terminates at Victoria Sch, Marine Parade Rd)
|Departure Times from Looping Pt||From Siglap Road (Opp Mandarin Gdns):
Weekdays & Sat: 0545 – 2330
Sundays/PHs: 0600 – 2330
|0630-0830: 09 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 19 mins
After 1930: 12 – 19 mins
|Notes||* From 2250hrs onwards, buses leaving Ang Mo Kio Int will be renumbered as 135A and terminate at Marine Parade Road (Victoria Sch)|
Service 135 serves as a residential route between Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, MacPherson estate, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade. Operating as a loop service, it is one of three routes to loop at Siglap Road. The route shares its popular Paya Lebar MRT – Marine Parade connection with Service 43 and 76.
The route experiences moderate to high demand all-day route owing to multiple inter-town connections served. Double-decker buses are not deployed possibly due to height restrictions along Upper Aljunied Road.
- Siglap Road (Opp Mandarin Gardens) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0553hrs, 0602hrs, 0610hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0602hrs
- Service 135A: Bishan Int → Marine Parade Road (Victoria Sch)
Weekdays: 2249hrs – 2330hrs
Saturdays: 2249hrs – 2345hrs
Sundays/PHs: 2257hrs – 2345hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 135′s fleet has a majority of Scania K230UBs, as well as Volvo B10M MkIVs and Merdeces-Benz Citaros. This service performs crossover trips to Service 138. Double-decker buses are not deployed possibly due to height restrictions along Upper Aljunied Road.
- ?? – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1974: Renumbered from Service 155A which was introduced on 11 Apr 1971.Route plying between Toa Payoh and Bedok Rd/Upp Changi Rd
- Relocated twice to Upp Changi Rd 13.3km and 15.5km.
- 1980: Amended to Somapah Ter
- 1981: Extended to Marine Parade Ter
- 1983: Re-routed to loop at MacPherson Estate from Marine Parade Ter.
- 1986: Extended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Terminal.
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2009 (23 Aug): Plies the reinstated Paya Lebar Rd, skipping Eunos Rd 8 towards Ang Mo Kio
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (26 Jun): Amended to Lor Bengkok due to the temporary closure of Circuit Link for Downtown Line construction.
- Refer to this article
- 2001: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2001.