SBS Transit Express 502 is an Express service running from Soon Lee Bus Park and looping at Marina Center, passing through Jurong East, Orchard, and Marina Bay. It has a morning peak hour route variant, Express 502A.
|Route||Soon Lee Bus Park ↺ Bayfront Avenue|
|Passes Through||Jurong East, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Suntec City, Marina Bay|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0555 – 2200 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0655 – 2200 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 14 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 13 – 23 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 16 mins
After 1930: 14 – 20 mins
Express service 502 connects the residential estates of Jurong West and Jurong East to the City areas, such as Orchard, Marina Center and Bayfront. It incorporates an express sector from Boon Lay Way to Orchard Road via Holland & Tanglin Road, and from Marina Bay to Boon Lay Way via Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) & Clementi Avenue 6. The route benefits residents in the West with a fast connection to the City areas without having to rely on the MRT network.
Buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions. No boarding and alighting is allowed at Soon Lee Depot. The first and last passenger stop of this route is 22191 Soon Lee Depot and 22199 Opp Soon Lee Depot respectively.
This service will be affected by the Orchard Road Pedestrian Night bus diversions on the first Saturday night of every month from Oct 2014 – Mar 2015.
Peak Hour Variants:
- SBS Transit Express 502A: Soon Lee Bus Depot → Central Boulevard (Downtown Stn)
Skips Jurong West/East Avenue 1, express sector via PIE
Fare: Charges Express Fares. See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 502′s fleet comprises of Volvo B9TL Wrights, Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaros
|Loop Service (via Bayfront Ave) – Roads in italics denote express sectors|
- 1997 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1997 (05 May): Introduced between Hougang Central and Boon Lay
- 2000 (03 Sep): Extended to Sengkang Ter. Also began serving all stops along Napier Rd in both directions (instead of Express)
- 2001 (28 Apr): Amended to Sengkang Temp Int
- 2003 (18 Jan): Amended to Sengkang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2003 (27 Jul): Shortened to Boon Lay – Marina Centre (Loop) under NEL Rationalisation Phase 2. Calls at additional stop along Holland Rd (Holland Village) in both directions.
- 2005 (26 Dec): Extended to Pioneer Road North, looping at Marina Centre. Also no longer serves stops along Holland Rd and Napier Rd. During peak hours, Service 502 will stop operating and be replaced with new route variants 502A and 502B, each serving different parts of Service 502’s western catchment as such:
– 502A: Pioneer Rd North to Boon Lay Ave → Marina Centre (Loop)
– 502B: Jurong West Ave 1 to Boon Lay Way → Marina Centre (Loop).
- 2009 (23 Feb): Service 502 and 502A extended to Soon Lee Depot, calling at additional bus stops along Soon Lee Road and Pioneer Road North.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to Bayfront and Marina Bay, skipping Raffles Avenue and Penang Road. Service 502A amended to AM Peak unidirectional service terminating at Marina Bay. Service 502B withdrawn on the same day; Service 502 to operate during peak hours to cover 502B.
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments: Diverted to Central Blvd, Shenton Way and Keppel Rd before resuming journey on AYE towards Jurong West. Bus stop at Marina St (Marina Bay Stn) abolished, calls at new stops along Central Blvd and Shenton Way.
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated
- Refer to this article
- 2013: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2013.
External Links & References: