SBS Transit Express 502A is an Express service running from Soon Lee Bus Park to Marina Bay, passing through Jurong West, PIE and Orchard. It is a peak hour route variant of Express 502.
|Route||Soon Lee Bus Park → Central Boulevard (Downtown Stn)|
|Passes Through||Jurong West, PIE and Orchard|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Uses buses from Service 502|
|Departure Times from T1||0720 – 0757 (Weekdays)|
|0630-0830: 18 – 19 mins
After 1930: –
Express service 502A is a route variant of Express 502, plies from the residential estate of Jurong West to the city areas, such as Orchard, Marina Center and Bayfront. It incorporates a express sector from Jurong West Avenue 2 to Orchard Road via PIE, Stevens Road and Orange Grove Road.
502A offers an alternative route for passengers at Jurong West heading to the city. By skipping Jurong East, travel time and overcrowding is reduced. This is also the only service to pass through Anderson Road and Orange Grove Road. Three trips are operated on weekday mornings.
Buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions. No boarding and alighting is allowed at Soon Lee Depot.
- SBS Transit Express 502: Soon Lee Bus Depot ↺ Bayfront Ave
Fare: Charges regular distance-based express fares. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 502A uses buses from Service 502. Single-deck buses are usually deployed although double-deck buses appear occasionally.
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2005 (26 Dec): Introduced as a peak hour route variant, during peak hours.
- 2008 (15 Jun): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops along Jurong West St 64.
- 2009 (23 Feb): Calls at additional bus stops along Soon Lee Road and Pioneer Road North.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to Bayfront and Marina Bay, skipping Raffles Avenue and Penang Road
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments: Diverted to Central Blvd, terminates at 03529 Central Blvd (Downtown Stn)
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated
- Refer to this article
- 2013: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2013.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to Express Bus Services
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles