SBS Transit Bus Service 153 is a trunk service plying between Bukit Merah Int and Hougang Ctrl Int, passing through Upper Serangoon, Toa Payoh, PIE, Bukit Timah, Farrer, Queenstown and Bukit Merah. It shares the Hougang – Bukit Merah start/end points with Service 132.
|Route||Bukit Merah Bus Interchange ↔ Hougang Central Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Queensway, Farrer, Whitley, Toa Payoh Central, Braddel Rd, Upp Serangoon Rd|
|Route Length||20.0km (D1) | 20.5km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo Olympian
Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 12 mins
After 1930: 12 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 19 mins
After 1930: 14 – 19 mins
Service 153 serves as a inter-town route connecting the residential estates of Bukit Merah, Queenstown, Farrer, Toa Payoh, Serangoon and Hougang, providing a quick route between these estates. Demand is moderate throughout the day owing to inter-town connections, and increased during the peak hours.
- Lorong 2 Toa Payoh (Opp Toa Payoh Stn) → Hougang Central Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0603hrs, 0620hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0600hrs, 0615hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0605hrs, 0618hrs
- Braddell Road (Blk 219) → Bt Merah Int
Weekdays: 0520hrs, 0532hrs, 0544hrs
Saturdays: 0520hrs, 0531hrs, 0542hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0520hrs, 0536hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See above
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1970s – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Lor 1 Toa Payoh and Jln Bt Merah (near Henderson Rd), operated by United Bus Company. Later amended to Toa Payoh Town Ctr.
- 1980 (28 Sep): Amended to Bt Merah Int
- 1983 (26 Dec): Extended to Upp Serangoon Ter, merging with Service 156
- 1992 (Jun): Amended to ply Bt Merah Central
- 1994 (17 Dec): Amended to Hougang Central Int
- 1998 (24 May) to 2001 (19 May): Terminated at Hougang Ctrl Temp Int
- 2015 (28 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1994: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1994.